Chapter 6

Jasmine's POV

"Jazzy! OMG, are you ok?"

"Honey! Where were you; we were so worried!"

Both my parents said in unison and franticness.

"Mom! Dad! I'm fine what's wrong?" I asked them, as my mom pulled me to her, embracing me with her warmth. Good thing my jacket covered the scratch, I didn't want them to be more worried.

"Nick, he called us saying you ran out and he was all over the place with worry. Where were you?" my dad said.

"Mom, Dad, Nicholas cheated on me, he cheated on me with Madison. So please, let that be the last time we ever mention him."

They gave me looks full of awe as if they never expected him to cheat on me. With who? With Madison.

"Oh Honey, we're so sorry to hear that," I plastered a smile on my face, as my dad tried to comfort me, "But how? Didn't you see the way he looked at her, Ashley?"

"Darling, you don't need him, you're a strong girl, and the one you deserve is waiting for you somewhere," my mom said pulling me in a hug again. Her hugs were those that mothers specialize in; ones filled with warmth and love, exactly what I needed. Some love.

"Honestly you guys it's fine, plus I realized I never really loved him anyway. So, Dad, can you please send someone to pick my car," I told him.

"Sure," His voice was still concerned, but got on his phone and made a phone call. I can guess he was calling one of his assistants to pick up my car.

I erased the thought out of my head and headed to the kitchen table, where my mom was.

"Would you like some hot chocolate?" She asked with a voice full of enthusiasm, which I was sure was an act. I appreciated that she tried to make me feel better, but it wasn't working. I only felt better and forgot everything when I was with Blake, my mind told me. I don't know what it has against me, but I was sure, but not entirely, that he would forget about mates and never think of me again. We only met and he's got me involved in the werewolf world which I didn't know existed except in novels and books.

"If you don't mind."

"Not at all, Dear," she told me with one of her gorgeous smiles. No wonder why my dad fell head over heels for her.

My mom made me a cup of hot chocolate as we sat in the living room. Dad joined in a couple of moments later and assured me that my car was in our garage safely without a scratch.

"Guys I have something I need to tell you," I said slowly.

"What's wrong?" My mom asked worriedly, afraid of me saying that someone else cheated on me or something.

"Um... Do you know anything about werewolves?" I asked them suspiciously. Both of them turned quickly and stared at each other wide-eyed, and they looked shocked. They seemed as if they were able to communicate through their minds or something. My dad finally nodded at my mom and they both turned to look at me simultaneously, "I know you may think that they only exist in novels and stories, but I needed to know your opinion," I sounded worried, but I didn't know why. They were my parents and I have a really close relationship with them.

"Honey... there's something you should know," my father started looking nervous and guilty. I, on the other hand, was excited for what they were about to tell me. The topic about werewolves excited me.

"Proceed," I told them softly and slowly, but that seemed to make them even more nervous. I could feel the tension rise in the room.

He waited a couple of moments before bursting. "I'm an Alpha and your mother is a Luna. Alphas are the-" I cut him off mid-sentence.

"You're what?!" I screamed at no one. I waited a couple of minutes to pass in order for me to register what he said, "I know what Alphas and Lunas are, b-but how?"

"We're really sorry for not telling you earlier. We thought you'd hate us and we never thought that you'd accept us. We built a house away from our pack's territory the minute we found out your mother was pregnant. We wanted you to live a normal and happy human life away from werewolves because that may risk your life. We love you too much to let you live in a world of danger," my dad explained with a worried expression. He was worried I would reject the life I was born to live in.

"Wait, how do you know about werewolves? I don't remember seeing you read books about werewolves. Oh God! Have you been sneaking into our room?" Mom kept on talking and obviously jumping to conclusions.

"What? No! Of course not!" I snapped at her feeling angry they could even think that or make such an assumption. I would never, ever do that.

"Honey..." she began but I cut her off.

"No. I can't believe you could even think that how could you even- ugh, you wanna know what I hate the most about this? It's that you guys don't even trust me!" I told them frustrated, "The reason I know is that I met my so-called-mate today, which will probably forget about me because who wouldn't? Who would want a brat that can't gain her own parents' or boyfriend's trust, huh?!" I shouted at them then rushed upstairs so quickly as if a zombie apocalypse was in the living room. I could hear them saying 'Jasmine, please.' And 'We didn't mean it like that.' However, I just paid no attention to their pleas. 

I stormed into my room and sat on my bed after washing up and finally letting it all go. Tears began to stream down my face, but I didn't care. The silent tears kept on falling even while my parents were trying to open the locked door, but eventually gave up when I didn't show any intention of opening it.

I know I over-reacted but my emotions were all over the place currently. My boyfriend cheated on me, my best friend betrayed me, werewolves exist, and my parents don't trust me. How cool is my life?

Could Blake possibly be serious about mates? Well, I saw him shift, and that was enough for me to believe him. I wondered if he will remember me or even think about me. I sure hoped he would. I don't know how this was possible, but my broken heart had begun repairing itself after I met Blake, and I knew that this whole mates thing isn't nonsense.

I was overthinking, I was tired, and I wanted to sleep. I sighed and tossed around in my bed until finally, my eyes closed and I fell into a dreamless sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Edited