I tried to swallow my fears and stop my ears from ringing. They were right. They have always been on my side through thick and thin. The love between the three of us was unconditional. They deserved to know the truth. I had to tell them, despite my fears. I should have told them the second it happened. I shouldn't have hidden it from them for years.

It reminds me of Arnav's words earlier in the day... how he called himself a coward for not telling me about his uncle earlier. I knew I was the same. I was no better. I was a coward too.

"After that night... I quit sports and basically any sort of physical activity. You two thought it was because I didn't want to have to bump into people... that I was sensitive of my personal space. But, it wasn't just that. Every time I'd over-exert myself, I'd get these horrible pains in my stomach. I wouldn't be able to move much without being in pain."

Armaan pointed out, "You had gotten cut when you were trying to escape. You had stiches, I remember. They can hurt long-term. What are you getting at here? I don't hear anything incriminating here."

I inhaled deeply and while exhaling, confessed. The pain is not because of those stiches, Armaan. Two months after, I had another one."

Riddhima asked, "Two months? Why? Dad didn't tell me you visited the hospital again."

I found it better to show them. I couldn't bring myself to say it. "I didn't want anything to know." I lifted my shirt to expose the scar on the front of my stomach.

"What happened?" Armaan questioned not catching on as to how I could have one in the front since the one I got from escaping was on my back.

Riddhima's hand forwarded towards my stomach till it stopped mid-air. Her eyes changed from confusion to shock. She understood what I meant. She looked me in the eyes, demanding with her tone void of attachment, "Khushi, did you get...?"

I didn't need to say it though. My expression must have confirmed her suspicion.

She stood up and walked away, running her fingers though her hair in worry as she refused to look at me. "My God."

Armaan started getting worried seeing a panicking Riddhima, "What? Will one of you tell me what's going on?"

Riddhima turned to face me now, asking point blank. "Did he get you pregnant?"

I couldn't help the flinch from hearing her say it. It was a word I did not want to hear. After the first time I heard it from a nurse when I was handed the test reports, I had never said the word aloud even to myself. It made everything real.

Congratulations, you're pregnant.

I did not know the nurse' name neither could I see her face clearly in memory. I just remembered her saying that as if it should have been a thing I should be happy about. It had made me mad at the time... was she not concerned when handing me those reports of how a young girl barely 17 years old could have been...? But no. Saying those words, she just sent me off, going back to attend to other work she had in an understaffed hospital.

Armaan's hand left mine. My teary eyes blinked over to him. He was struggling to accept the reality as well. His eyes travelled between Riddhima to me. "Doll?" He didn't need to say anything more. He wanted me to tell him it wasn't true.

I couldn't do that. I looked away from him, staring at my hands on my lap, missing the support from having his hands in mine as the tears continued to partially blind my vision.

After what felt like an eternity of silence from the two people who meant the world to me, he finally asked. His voice too sounded cold. "Why didn't you tell me?"

Dare Trilogy | Book 3 Editing | ✓जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें