Chapter 3- Yukiji

"Wake up you fowl yokai!" A masculine voice awoke me from my unwanted slumber. The second reality hit me, so did my head ack.
"What?" I asked confused.
"Don't play stupid with us beasts. We know your yokai."
"WHAT? How are we yokai?" Is it possible that they saw me transform?
"How else could you explain the strange clothing your friend is wearing over there?" A male, who seemed to be the leader, asked as he pointed to Nanami.
"So what? Her clothing isn't what you guys would call appropriate but still. That doesn't make us yokai!" I protested.

"Listen to her." A woman that looked almost exactly like Nanami entered the room. "What proof do you have that proves what you are saying is true?"
"You have no right to get involved in this! Your are only a women."
"Those two are women too. Besides you came out of a women so that doesn't make you any better then us!" Well, she wasn't lying. "Let the, go. You have no proof of what your accusing." It was only now that I realised that both my arms and legs had been bounded together.

All the men grumbled as they untied me then Nanami.
"Come with me." The women motioned to us and led us to a fairly big house. Big for this year anyway. "I'm sorry about their behaviour. They have never seen a yokai before."
"It's fine. Really." I shrugged as I entered the house.
"So where are you from?"
"Let's just say not from around here. We are travellers. Unfortunately our horses got stolen along with our belongings stranding us in the middle of now where." I quickly lied. The women nodded as we all sat down around a table.
"Normal women don't travel, especially with out men."
"I don't see why us females can't do what men do. Besides, who do you think stole our belongings?" The women chuckled as she prepared the tea.
"My names Yukiji by the way." Yukijis the name of the person Tomoe fell in love with.
"K...Kaiyō." I stuttered still trying to convince myself that this is technically Tomoes X.
"Nanami!" Nanami introduced herself before taking her tea out of Yukijis hands.

"So what are you going to do next?" Yukiji asked as she sipped her tea.
"Find a place to stay first. Get enough money to get back home."
"If you don't mind, I wouldn't mind you staying her till you can get on your feet again."
"No."
"Really, its fine."
"You don't have to."
"I mean it. I would love to have you stay."
"Okay. But just for a few days." Nanami and I needed to figure out where we can find Kuromado, the god that cursed Tomoe. It is said that he/she always has a cloud of miasma that follows them so he/she can't be hard to find. Can they?
"Great! I'll get Fuuta to set up a room for you two." She called for Fuuta. And a small boy around Botonmarus age, physically at least, came running down the corridor. Yukiji gave him his orders and he ran off.

We talked to Yukiji for a few hours but our conversation was cut short by Fuuta with some big news.

-Past Tomoes POV-

"Please master Tomoe." The women whined as she laid on my chest. Honestly, This woman was a bore but I had nothing else to do. "Master Tomoe?" The women was still trying to get my attention.
Just as I was about to answer back the wall was suddenly burst though and in the dust stood the war god, Ikusagami.

"Tomoe!" His voice was quite loud. Snickering I jumped onto a rafter, using the dust as a cover.
"No doubt you have been sent here to kill me." I teased.
"You have caused way to much trouble in the human world. The gods are all sick of your games. I have been sent to put an end to it. He held out his katana. Seriously?
I laughed. "You can't seriously think that you can kill me with such a weapon?" Summoning a fox fire a jumped towards him.
"Oh, but I can." The blade of the katana grazed past my arm, cutting the skin. What? "You see this is not just any blade. It was made for this exact purpose. Killing yokai!"
The war god ran at me and I quickly jumped up, but I was to late. The blade pierced my stomach.

Smoke filled the air and I took my chance. Fire engulfed me as I teleported to the human world.
Pain shot up and down my body as I hit a dirt road and coughed up blood. I needed to stop the bleeding other wise there was no way I was going to survive this. It was pitiful really. A yokai as powerful as me dying from a single stab to the stomach. Even if I want to call for help I couldn't. Even humans would be able to kill me while I was in this pathetic state and I was to weak to use my leaves.

Light shone into my eyes from above. Slowly raising my head, I notice a human boy, about seven or eight, holding a torch.
"Father! I found Tomoe!" He yelled before running back down the road.
I've been spotted. Damn.

"Gah!" I cried out in pain as I staggered to my feet and clutched my stomach with the arm that wasn't cut.
If I can just find a place to hide I should be fine for a few hours, though I would probably be dead by then anyway.

After a few meters I spotted a river surrounded by bushes and reeds. It was the best place I had at the moment.
Stumbling down to the river I found a clear space surrounded by bushes big enough that I could lay down in. I collapsed under the weight of my own body.

The human males came a went. They didn't find me but I don't think it mattered anymore. I was dying.

"Tomoe!" A female voice came from the other side of the lake. I slowly turned my head to see a young woman with brown hair and eyes running towards me.
Dropping the torch she was holding, he woman collapsed onto her knees next to me and dropped the torch. "I found you." She smiled in relief and reached into her pocket. In her hand was an enchanted leaf. Kissing it, she placed it on my head and the next thing I knew I was small. "Let's get you out of here."