0.11

The sun blared down on Idris as he waited for Carson to exit out of the boutique store.

She demanded to go alone, ordering him to stay outside and not enter. He threw her a frustrated sigh but remained silent and waited for her.

He didn't know what she was doing and to be honest he didn't really care. He was just used to having her by his side, he was starting to feel empty now that she wasn't there.

Carson ran out of the store heaving. Her face red, full of anger as she approached him.

"Run", she shouted, grabbing his hand and bolting down the street to where they parked the car.

Idris didn't ask questions as he followed her feeling the wind whip his face and a laugh escape his lips. He had no idea why he was laughing but he seemed to be doing that a lot lately.

Stopping near the car Carson jumped into the passenger seat as Idris eased himself into the drivers side. Both of them breathing heavily while they stayed quiet.

Carson's eyes were full of panic as Idris eyed her finding the whole situation amusing.

"Are you going to tell me why exactly we just ran for our lives back there", he asked smirking.

"Uh, um you see the lady in the store said I couldn't afford anything which is true but she kept looking at me in disgust so I", she paused looking out the window, "I may have smashed a ten thousand dollar vase", she groaned, sinking into the seat from embarrassment.

Idris gawked at the girl in shock.

Holy shit. He thought.

Without another word he started the car and drove out of the town in an instant.

"Are you angry?", she asked fiddling with the radio.

"Why did you break something in the first place? People judge but I thought that didn't bother you", he frowned,  lighting up a cigarette as he gave her a side glance.

"It didn't, it doesn't. I don't know, I just got fed up with everyone looking at me like that you know? Women like her always get my blood boiling", she grumbled, "I guess my outfit didn't help", gesturing to her grey sweat pants and black hoodie swallowing her.

"Yeah you look homeless", Idris teased, blowing out a puff of smoke.

Carson ignored his comment.

"Don't you get sick of it? People assuming things of you, people giving you dirty looks? Does it not effect you at all?", she continued, her face growing serious.

Idris shifted in his seat, his body growing tense.

"It used to bother me. People's opinion of me is none of my business. They can think what they like, at the end of the day it's on them", he replied, focusing his gaze on the road.

"How can you just say that? How is it none of your business? You really don't care about anything do you?", she scoffed, crossing her arms over her chest.

Idris furrowed his eyebrows in confusion. She was being snappy today and Idris hated snappy Carson.

He sighed inhaling another puff of his smoke, if he opened his mouth he knew all hell would break loose. She was on edge and ready to pounce. Idris knew it would be better to keep his mouth shut or else he would say something he might just regret later on.

The shit he did for her.

"What happened to rude Idris? Where did he go?", she pushed, glaring at him.

Clenching his jaw Idris took in a deep breath to remain calm.

"Careful", he snapped pinning his hard glare on her before returning back to the road.

"Oh look the he isn't dead after all", she laughed bitterly shaking her head.

Grinding his teeth together Idris flicked his indicator and pulled over on the side of the road. Farms surrounded them while cows could be heard in the background but Idris was too angry to even admire the green land.

He stormed out of the car running his fingers through his hair in frustration. How did everything just go to shit so quickly? One minute he was laughing with her and the next she went all snappy on him.

What the fuck was wrong with this girl?

"What are you doing? Can't handle a little banter?", she asked smugly, stepping out of the vehicle and walking over to where he stood.

"What the fuck is your problem? Just a few minutes ago you were laughing and then all of a sudden you get all shitty on me?", he growled, turning to face her.

Carson plopped down on thr dirt road, her face lifted up towards the sky. Idris blew out a long breath. He had no idea what made her turn so mean but then again he couldn't talk. He's been mean for so long he couldn't remember being nice to anyone before Carson came into the picture.

"I'm all over the place today, my head just feels so fucked up", she admitted, "I'm sorry for being a bitch."

Walking over, he sat down beside her. "What's going on Carson?", he asked softly nudging her with his elbow.

"We pass all these towns and I see so many families. Why can't I be normal Idris? Why couldn't I get that? I have no friends or family and I ended up with the one of most fucked up boys I know", she paused shaking her head.

"I knew about you, I heard what people said about you. You were the boy that killed his best friend right? You were the boy that saw him die, you wer-", she stopped talking when she saw the look on Idris's face.

"Fuck you", he hissed, before hopping into the car and slamming the door shut.

He knew people talked about him. He knew what they said but for her to say that as if she knew what happened pissed him off. She didn't know anything. She already made him up to be someone in her head before they even met.

Fuck, even Greg said the same shit.

I didn't kill him.

Hearing the door close softly, Idris tried to control his breathing. He was shaking uncontrollably, he knew he was going to snap so he starting punching the steering wheel instead. He punched until his hands hurt and the wheel looked broken.

This is why he never had another friend. People assume and never ask what actually happened.

"Idris I'm so sorry, I didn't-", Carson whispered, her eyes red and puffy.

Idris kept silent, his eyes tightly shut as flashbacks of that night entered his mind. He hated her for knowing. He hated her for opening that fucking mouth and reminding him of everything all over again.

"I thought you were different", he said, looking out the window in a daze.

He loathed her at that moment.

"Idris I'm so sorry, I didn't mean that, I mean yeah I knew what people said but I didn't mean to say it like that", she defended but Idris had enough.

He shook his head at the crying girl and turned the ignition back on.

He suddenly felt the world weighing heavily on his shoulders, his heart reaching out for someone to help him, for anyone to take away this horrible feeling but no one would help him. No one could.

No one ever did.