Wattpad Original
There are 2 more free parts

Chapter 11

Alex

Alex

Dear Nobody,

            Elias is a psycho. You'd think getting away from a crazy person on crutches would be easy, but not this guy. I've been stuck in the house with him since we got home from the hospital yesterday afternoon. That's almost twenty-four hours without any means of escape. I'm not sure which was worse, the fact that Elias couldn't be trusted alone, or the fact that I got stuck playing babysitter for Tanner and Caleigh.

While they went out to a friend's kickback last night, I was under house arrest with Elias. It was okay at first, mainly because I thought I was going to spend the evening curled up in my bed with my Kindle, some tea, and a whole lot of silence.

None of that happened.

Elias barged into our room right when we got home, threw his crap on the floor, and fell asleep for over twelve hours. This meant over twelve hours of no reading, no tea-timing, and very little sleeping because of his earth-shattering snoring.

It's 3:00 p.m. now and, I'm still here in bed, with dark circles under my eyes hoping he wakes up soon or that Kai will call and rescue me from my roommate related woes.

Maybe if I wish hard enough he'll text me with plans for some awesome out of the house adventure. Granted, that's a lot of wishful thinking, but if he does happen to make plans, I will immediately accept and leave the cripple to fend for himself. It's not like he'll tell on me. If he does, I just have to drop the real story about what happened between him and Mindy and he's done for.

It's nice knowing how easy it would be to get Elias exiled. Best case scenario: he ends up on the first train, bus, or plane back to San Diego. I'd get a room to myself, some much needed space from the Freeze-pop freak, and spend the rest of the summer stress-free. Good news all around.

            Here's to hoping!

-Alex

                                                                 ***

            "You see this masking tape, Elias?"

            "Obviously."

His eyes darted down towards the newly divided floor where I'd spent a good half hour separating our too-small-for-two-people room into a war zone. 

   "This, my friend, is the Berlin wall, except in our case it will not be torn down under any circumstances, okay?" I asked.

       "I don't even know what you're talking about, but I'm tired and I wanna lie down, so you can save your speech for later."

He hobbled past me looking a little worse for wear than he had in the car. Tired or not, working out the kinks of our roommate situation needed to happen ASAP.