Titania reined in her anger but rose her eyes to meet that of Elder Klaus who was ever so insistent, "You know that won't happen."

The heat from Alpha Brett's gaze was starting to irritate her wolf. Snappier than usual, she repeated to the Elder, "I am, and will not be taking a mate."

Giving Alpha Brett a quick side glare, she let all the males know exactly where her head was at with bonding. "Unless you want a repeat of the last three bondmates, I suggest you stop requesting such an idiotic proposition."

She rung her hands out under the table, already sick of the same discussion she'd had a multitude of times with the Council, "My comrades and I," she motioned to the Alphas from before, "have travelled for days to be able to attend this meeting and I'll be severely pissed off to find out that this is all for a mate, a mate I do not wish for. So, can we drop it and move on to the business that refers to the 'well being of the species'." She mocked, using air quotes.

With darkened eyes, the Elder Council regarded Titania, the Alphas around her shaking their heads at such disrespect. But, after a quick talk between the Elders, they nodded and returned to Titania's heated glare.

"For now, we will return to the important issue that we called everyone here for, but this discussion will not be dropped. You are vulnerable as a female Alpha and therefore will have a mate before the year has finished."

How she bristled at such an order.

Bitterness swept through her system and a chilling, yet feral warning growl tumbled out her chest. The Polish Alpha to her left flinched and she snarled, letting her distaste and utter contempt fill the room. Wolves crumbled under her influence and the darkness that seeped from her pores forced some of the weaker Beta and Gamma wolves to tilt their heads. Many that had not heard of her reputation shrunk and shot her with widened eyes.

Where they were from, females could not hold such power but there she was: commanding the entire room.

"You will not dictate my life and if forced, I will gladly slaughter whoever you choose." Her words held a threat. Deep, dark and dangerous.

Although, Titania held a unmeasurable amount of strength; she was not as experienced as the Elder Council and in a fight, she could be bested. But her iron will did not let her falter. Not for a second, for nothing was gained through cowardice.

Oak and iron guard me well, or else I'm dead and doomed to hell.

"Ah hah, that may be so but we have decided that the choice lay with you. You will choose a bondmate or find your mate then we will not have any more issues," he sneered, showing Titania his canines, an action that only continued to anger Titania.

Before she could retaliate he interrupted, "The Council has little tolerance for deviance to the rules and we have allowed you time, as requested, to locate your mate. Failing to do so has resulted in us having no other option. We have given you four years, and it is now time to bring stability to your pack once and for all."

Titania had used the mate bond as an excuse to wriggle out of bonding with another. But now, all she saw was red. Her time was up. She had to take a bondmate or be punished accordingly, and by the old, patriarchic rules dictate she forfeit her position. A position, that Titania knew full well kept her sane.

She had put too much blood into the pack to let it fall into the wrong hands.

So, with a steely amount of control, she bit her tongue, clenched her hands and said nothing. It was what was best for the pack. Titania would not let the rage consume her like it so desperately wanted to.