Chapter Eleven (Part Two)

❤️❤️❤️

"Isha?" I called her after the last class was over. For the remaining classes, I'd been trying to talk to her about it, but didn't know how to start.

"Yeah?" she asked.

"Are you okay?" I asked. We were heading toward our buses.

"Yes yes," she answered with a wave of her hand. Yet, her composure said something else altogether.

"What is it?" I asked. I wanted to believe all that she said, but somehow couldn't. Finally, after a while of begging, she began.

"It's just, I'm a little tired of everything being about you guys. I know it sounds stupid. But I don't like it. I hate not discussing my own issues. I'm going through a hard time right now."

"What happened, Ish? You know you can talk to me whenever," I told her.

"It's just...I..." she began, but stopped when she saw Manas arrive. For the millionth time in my life, I mentally hit my forehead when he arrived. But probably for the first time for this reason.

"Where are you girls going?" Manas asked.

"To your home. You coming?" I asked with an eye roll. He rolled his eyes back at me. Isha, on the other hand, said she had to go back to her bus. I nodded, yet regretted letting her go.

"What is wrong with you?" I almost yelled at him.

"What did I do now?" he asked rolling his eyes at me.

"She's upset about something, and was just about to reveal when you arrived," I told him. Slightly annoyed.

"How was this my fault?" he asked back. "Did I know?"

"Yeah, that too," I nodded. It wasn't like he knew. Now I'd have to call her first thing when I reached home.

"Anyway, did you want to talk about something, because I gotta board my bus otherwise?" I asked.

"I can drop you," he suggested. 

"Oh right, in your new Ferrari?" I chuckled.

"To your bus." He curled his lips.

"Right. I wonder how will I walk those 500 meters without you."

He shook his head and said, "I was curious about your opinion." 

"As in?"

"That Guarika thing. It sounds too imaginative," he remarked as the two of us started walking towards our buses. They were standing right beside each other today.

I nodded. "I don't know if it's true or not, but I sure hope it isn't. If not for me, but then for Kush's sake. He really loves his sister a lot. He holds her on a pedestal. Not only that, but he and Saina are fast friends, too." Manas nodded.

"Aren't you too worried about him?" He raised his left brow at me suggestively. 

"Don't imply anything," I rolled my eyes yet again.

"Yeah, sure, sure." He shrugged. "It must have been hard for him to know that his sister did something like this."

"Yeah," I replied. "Let's just hope neither of them are behind this."

"Totally!" Manas agreed. "Anyway, goodbye. I'll call you tonight to ask about the homework." He winked and turned to get inside his bus.

"What homework? I told you all that there is," I shrugged.

"No silly!" He laughed. "Not what we got in the homework. What we have to do and show by tomorrow." 

"Now I know why you hang out with me."