A Weapon in a Whisper

Start from the beginning

       I pack another outfit into my bag. I decide to pack pants and a shirt. i know we are supposed to wear dresses but i don't think that really matters. I can't travel in a dress. I have travelling boots i use as well and i only have room to pack one outfit (besides the one i will be wearing). but we can wash the clothes if we choose anyway. 
    "You should stick to your daggers forged in the Elven Woods of Lothlórien. You can handle yourself well with those," Legolas says to me.
       "I was planning on it. But also wouldn't hurt to carry a few weapons on me," I reply.
    "The lighter we travel the better. You can take your bow. It's light enough. But only one other weapon. And we won't need to pack food. Elrond gave the hobbits Lembas bread."
    "Fine, then I guess I will only travel with the daggers and bow." I sigh. "Hopefully, sometime along this journey I can start using the bow correctly without you having to hold onto me."
    "You don't like me holding you, huh?" he sounds sad but gives an almost amused smile and hugs me from behind. "Oh, I thought I had made it quite clear that I enjoy it."

    I could feel him smile on my cheekbone. "You're not the only one who enjoys it."
    I lean into him and and close my eyes. I tune everything out and just listen to him breathe; I savor the moment. I wonder when the next time we will be able to relax and and enjoy each others company like this after we leave, or if we'll ever get to again?
    I feel a gentle kiss on my neck. "We won't be back here again for at least a year... Or perhaps not again. I fear..."
    I turn to face him. "Do not say that, melanin. We will make it back, and we will have many amazing moments on our journey and even more once we return." Honestly, I'm not quite sure if we will be returning, but I need to stay positive.... we need to stay positive.
    "It will be quite the journey. Amin sinta thaliolle e dagor. We'll face it together. I'll make sure that at least you will return... I know it is the last moment here... in this home... for now." (i know your strength in battle)
    I bite my lip. "'Last moment' huh?"
    He doesn't know what i mean but i just smile and take his hand. I pull him up to our chamber. I push him down on our bed and and he almost laughs at how aggressive i am. But he sits up against the headboard and I jump to where he is. I sit there on his lap and kiss him. He brushes the hair to behind my ear, the both of us with our eyes closed... and then smiling at the same time. 
    I unbuckle his bronze belt and he strokes my cheek. I unbutton his tunic and slip out of my dress easily... I kiss him again, my hand on his smooth skin. His hand goes to my back and the other holds my head gently. We part with only our noses touching and i laugh for no reason. He smiles and holds me close, a soft kiss on my neck. 

    After, I lie next to him, curled up against his chest as he strokes my hair. One gentle kiss on my head and I close my eyes.
        I just hear him breathing against me for a while as i do the same... then i let my head rest on his arm and i look at the ceiling. I pull the sheets that cover his lower half and drape them over me. I feel his nose touching my cheek and i can sense i smile on his face. A grin creeps across my lips.
        "Do you remember when we first met?" he asks so softly and quietly in my ear.
        "How could i forget? My father sent aid to Mirkwood two years ago to help with the infestation of spiders."
        "And you couldn't resist the adventure."
        "I wanted to see the Woodland Realm. I wanted to see places beyond where i lived..."
        "So you disguised as a soldier and prowled along. You did have a habit of going against your ada's wishes." (ada: father)
        "He never said i couldn't," I justify.
        "You never asked."
        I look at him. "Because i knew he would say no," I say almost angrily but with a smile.
        He laughs. "Precisely..." he thinks deeper. "But i knew you weren't a man the moment i laid eyes on you. Those eyes could only belong to the most beautiful woman in Middle Earth."
        "Oh please," I roll my eyes but blush. 
        "Alright... maybe not... But your sister--"
        "Legolas!" I hit him on the arm as he laughs. He only says things like that to tease me. He's not serious. "Well you certainly had something for that Silvan Elf."
        "Tauriel was no competition."
        "I know."
        He frowns.
        I laugh. But as i remember the time... the memories start flooding my mind:

        I run with ready blades, the ones that each soldier had. I had a cover for my mouth under my helmet. Another spider with it's nasty sticky feet and high pitched snarling comes to my left. I toss my blade and let it pierce it's skull. I pull it back out, dripping with dark blood, to run at another that attacks a fellow soldier. He has the thing up on its hind legs, looking like it almost wants to eat the elf. I slice its arm off and it squeals in pain. He finishes the creature off with one more slice. One drops down from above, catching my shoulders and knocking me over to my back. And another leaps at me from ahead. my eyes widen and i feel my heart beat raise.
        But an arrow sticks into the monster's side, killing it before it can reach me. I look to my left to where it came from and see an Elf that i did not recognize with long golden hair and wore a Mirkwood light cuirass of a dark green and black. He fires arrows like no other, killing spiders here and there before they can even think to attack.
        I was so lost in his blue eyes that i did not notice him walking up to me and holding out a hand. He doesn't look at me any different than the others... until i take his hand and get up, our faces close but he a bit taller... He then makes a curious expression. I stare up into his eyes in hope of him not realizing i am a woman as it is punishable by exile for what i am doing. He looks down at my gloved hand that is all too faminine... i pull it back and fix my mouth guard, looking down awkwardly.
        But when i look back up he does not think twice. The other soldiers come to us, as the battle is won and the spiders have been eleminated. I turn around to see them with a fist at their hearts and bowing... i turn back and realize i am looking into the eyes of the Prince of Mirkwood, Legolas Greenleaf, son of Thranduil.
        I do the same as the other soldiers and when the rest of the Mirkwood fighters join behind the prince I turn around and walk into the midst of my own army, hiding my face from them. I turn again, as i am farther away.
        "On behalf of my father, I thank you for your service," he speaks in Elvish. "All of your work is appreciated. And i will like you to rest and eat in Mirkwood." He only glances at me once before he departs with his men and we all follow.
        In Mirkwood we drink wine and celebrate, and be "we" i mean everyone but me. I stay out of sight. I stand in the corner of the room with a piece of bread that i eat thankfully and slowly. I do not even sip the wine.
        Prince Legolas doesn't seem to either. He sits at the window, gazing into the night. He catches me staring when he glances up at my ice blue eyes. I look away as soon as he does... but i can still feel his gawk on me.
        I swallow and move to elsewhere. I sit on the window sil of another large window and look into the forests that glow with moonlight.
        After i rest my head against the stone... i...
        "What are you doing here, my lady?" I hear a voice ask. I look up, almost startled even though the voice was very gentle. I see Prince Legolas standing by where my feet rest, leaning against the stone wall.
        "My lord," I stutter, fiddling with my mouth piece that was not where it should have been. "I am sorry--Prince-- I--"
        He seems to almost chuckle. "It's alright, my lady. I have done the same before. But why would you disguise as a soldier to come to this place?"
        "I like the woods... I wanted to see Mirkwood... and the tales of the woods that surround it."
        "May i ask your name?"
        "Ariella... um... Undomiel..., your highness..."
        "Undomiel..." he repeats with raised eyebrows, realizing that i am royalty as well. He places a hand at his heart and bows politely. "To what do i owe the pleasure?"
        "The pleasure is all mine your grace," I stand up and smile.
        He seems to smile as well but i can pick up some pink in his cheeks.
        After I left i didn't see any more of Prince Legolas for quite some time... until Sauron's armies grew and orcs started invading our lands. He would travel to Rivendell with a message from his father, or come with soldiers to help us defend ourselves from the raiders. 
        I remember the first time he saw me since the event in Mirkwood. I was in a white dress and when i looked into his eyes i saw them sparkle. he was here for a meeting with my father and some others. I was lucky my father approved of him, unlike my older sister's relationship. Legolas was very polite and formal. He didn't do anything unexpected... that is until he got to know me. I was always the wild child of my father. He was worried about me getting into trouble. But it was only because of my intentions that he allowed me to be so. I went out to do something daring and without his permission only to protect my people.
        I got Legolas to go with me to the forest to attack a group of orc hunters that actually ended up saving our own soldiers in the long run. I got to know the real side of Legolas... his hopes, his dreams... his passions and secrets... And he got to know me... i always thought i was an open book but once i met him i felt differently. No one knows me like he does. 
        I remember the day he told me he loved me... i remember the day he asked me to travel alongside him... forever...

        "May i tell you a secret?" he asks, bringing me from my memories of bliss.
        "...Perhaps..."
        "I am yours..." 
        Normally i would respond with something like "That is no secret," with a laugh... but as i hear this i think of what he means... that I am his love, his moon, his sun... that he belongs to me, he would not leave my side foy anything... To have someone like him that i do not deserve, absolutely brings tears to my eyes. I cannot ask for anyone more precious, or more deserving of my love than him. He is my everything.
        "I love you," I say. I prop myself up on his chest using my arms. 
        He lifts his head and touches my cheek with his hand. I lean in and touch his soft lips to mine, his fingers feel like rose petals against my cheek. And his lips like satin. He parts once but comes back in for more. I know that this might be that last time we have together for a while. I am very grateful that i can go with him on the journey, it would be far worse to stay in this empty house alone, wondering if he's okay. We will go together, just like always. That is where I belong is at his side, no matter what.