Chapter 17: That Awful laugh

**This is very small... I apologize Dx Guys... Slipped my Mind is coming to an end... I have the end all written out... :( It's been nice writing this for those who have read up to this point. <3 Love you**

Chapter 17~

I had fallen asleep on him. Travis's warm, soft skin was so relaxing. I woke up against his chest. He had a bandage around it so his broken ribs could heal. But he told me that being with your mate would heal any wound. My heart raced whenever I was around him.

His eyes fluttered, as he slowly woke up. He had a smile across his face. "Hey babe" His sleep voice is the sexiest shit ever.

"Mmmm, hey you" I smiled rubbing my eyes. "How you feeling?"

"I feel good as new!" He grinned at me.

"Wonderful!" I smiled, carefully sliding off the bed. "I'm going to get food" I smiled and left the room.

I walked thorugh the clinic, no one was here. Weird. I walked to the elevators and got in. Travis's floor was the 4th floor, so I pressed floor 1 for the food court. The doors opened, and I walked through. Walking down the halls, I smelt death. Fear and blood. Figuring it was a hospital, I just kept walking.

The halls were completely empty. I was starting to worry. Normally at this time in the morning it would be busy. So what on earth is happening?

I found the food court and walked through the doors. There was no one eating, ordering, or even there. I noticed a janitor. She was laying on the ground. I ran up to her and crouched beside her body. No pulse. Her blood was spilled on the floor. Suddenly the lights went off. I stood up slowly and knew what was happening. But all I heard was that awful laugh...

-- Travis's POV

I was starting to worry. How long does it take to get food? Was there a line? Or should I assume something has happened? I figured I'll let it slide. I sat there resting my eyes, but I heard footsteps. Either it would be a nurse or doctor, or Riley. But I was wrong... once again.

The guys ran through my hospital room. They looked worried but mad. They were panting out of breath. I wasn't sure why they were here though. "Hey, why are y-"

"Where's Riley?!" Greg cut me off.

"She went to get food... why?" I sat up, confused.

"Shit! Cornie is here! She wants to kill Riley because Riley killed all the Canines! She's going to take Riley's power!" Greg yelled.

I threw the blanket off me, riped out the I.V and jumped out of the bed. "Let's go".