Chapter 11: Lyla's Hidden Spirit

"I should be the one fighting!" "Stay strong Lyla." Yota said, but he knows that this is a bad situation. "Now go Demios!" The blow this time put her on her back. "Now is me with Demios Sword!" She barely managed to stand but when Demios struck, he sent her flying. "LYLA!!" Hallie, Gao, and Yota shouted. Demios started to laugh. "It was a mistake to let her fight." She was unconscious with one life left. Only a miracle can help her now.

"Now go ahead and make your move. Oh wait, you're knocked out." Demios taunted. Lyla didn't respond. "If you don't move in ten seconds, then you lose." Still no response. "Alright then. 10, 9, 8, 7..." As he was counting, Lyla was trying to move. "I can't go down like this. Mamma, Auntie, Daddy, Maia...I'm sorry." A vision appeared in her head of her spending time with her family. She tried to reach out towards it but it changed into balls of light. "Stay strong Lyla, we'll help you out." Demios was still counting. "3,2,1 and time's-" The little girl was slowly but surely standing up. "Oh, so you actually stand? Impressive." Lyla was panting but she managed to start her turn. "Draw...charge and Miracle Draw!" The card she drew was glowing a bright orange and she raised it above her head. "You hurt Auntie. You try to defeat me and taunt me. That just make you a big stupid meanie!" Demios was unfazed. "And what are you going to do?" "This. UNLOCK THE SPIRIT!" An red aura surrounded her and her hair and eyes was now orange and her weapon disappeared (P: 5000, C:1). Hallie smirked. "Just like her parents." Demios was confused but didn't want to admit it. "This will be my Final Turn. Here I go!"

"First, I will pay 1 gauge and buddycall to the left, Brave of the Sun, Yota (D: 1000, C: 2, P: 3000)!" "Let's do this!" "Next I will cast Mission Card: Attack Boost! Since I have 5 life or less, I can draw 3 cards. Next I will cast Mission Card: Special Heal! I gain a life and charge my gauge. Then I will pay 1 life and call Bersker Magician, Blair (D: 5000, C: 2, P: 5000) to the right!" A teenage Blair while wearing a traditional Witch's outfit, twirled her rod before striking a battle stance. Hallie was in awe. "It's Big Sis." "Momma's effect activate! Once she is called to the field, all of your monsters are destroyed!" "Twilight Comet!" "Then you take damaged for the amount of monsters that was destroyed!" Demios' life stone changed into a six. "Battle! I will link attack with Momma! Momma's other effect! Since this is a link attack, she gain another critical!" "I will cast Black Dragon Shield." "Then I will link attack with Yota!" Demios didn't flinch as they slash through him. "Is that all you got?" Lyla shook her head. "Momma and I will link attack once again! Then her effect will kick in once again! Plus another critical!" "Cast! Black Dragon Shield!" After the attack was blocked, she returned to her spot. "That was a pitiful attempt." Demios scoffed. "So much for a Final-" "FINAL PHASE!" Lyla cuts him off. "With my Spirit's effect, I pay 3 gauge and stand up Momma once again!" Demios was caught off guard. "And don't worry, I can attack too! Let's go Momma!" "Right!" Blair prepared a giant ball of energy while Lyla jumped on the top of it. "Go away!" She punched the ball down towards Demios. He just accepted his defeat. Final Score: Demios-0, Lyla-3.

Lyla returned to the ground and she was back to normal. Hallie was able to recover a bit but was knocked the ground, when Lyla tackled her with an embrace. "Auntie! I won my first Buddyfight!" She exclaimed. Hallie pat her head. "I know, I'm so proud of you. You are a brave little girl." Lyla looked up at her and flashed a big smile. "Speaking of brave." Hallie was looking towards Yota's direction. "I'm glad you have a reliable Buddy." Yota rubbed the back of his head. "I didn't do much, if anything it was Blair." A thought came into Hallie's mind. "How is Big Sis here and younger than she is now?" She asked while picking up her niece. "That I don't know. But I do know that new monsters have appeared recently including myself." He explained. "Interesting. Do you mind taking us to the Plaza?" "Not at all, follow me." They followed him to the Plaza. Before they was completely out of the area, Hallie flashed a quick look to where the battle took place. "Not only did Demios dissappear after the fight but his energy seems familiar." She heard quiet snoring. It was Lyla who was sound asleep on her back. Hallie just smiled. "Tai, you should be proud." Lyla smiled as if she knew what Hallie was thinking. "Buddyfight is so much fun..."