Chapter 3: Welcome to the World of Buddyfight!

As Naiyo stood there in awe, Claymore hopped on his back. "You can calm down, they don't bite." He said. Blair smiled at that comment. "Now that you two are Buddies, you should go down the station and get registered." She suggested. He nodded. "Maia, would you go with him?" "Yes ma'am!" She looked at Naiyo and Claymore. "You two ready?" "Yep." They said in unison. When they walked out the house, Blair waved at them. "Be careful!" Maia gave her a thumbsup and continued. Blair looked at the sky, and thought to herself. "You daughter found someone to play with the deck. I think you'll be excited to see him grow into a powerful fighter. Who knows, maybe he'll be the one who gives you your first loss."

Once they made it inside the Buddy Police Headquarters, it was flowing with new Buddyfighters and Buddy Police members. "Wow, is it always this busy?" Naiyo asked while looking around. "Most of the time." Maia started. "They are usually like this due to people are gaining Buddies everyday." "Huh." They found an open counter and it was someone that Maia knew. It was a lady with lavander hair into a ponytail that starts from the top back of her head. She was wearing purple glasses and the Buddy Police uniform. "Hi Kurumi!" A smile came across her face. "Hi Maia, how are you?" "I'm fine." "What can I do for you?" Maia slightly pushed Naiyo to the counter. "He would like to register his buddy please." "That's wonderful, may I see your Buddy?" She asked. He handed her Claymore's card. She put him inside a scan so he could be analyzed.

Some time has past and Naiyo and Claymore are officially Buddies. Maia suggested that they go to the Card Shop downtown so he could watch some matches. They walked in and Naiyo was amazed. "Whoa, look at all these fighters!" Maia giggled. "I'm guessing that you haven't been in a Card Shop before." He shook his head. "Can't say that I have. The only reason I knew about Buddyfight is due to my Sensei." He explained. "Who's yo-" "Maia!" She froze as she heard that voice. Naiyo looked past her a boy with brown hair wearing an orange Polo Shirt with black cargo pants came towards them. "Maia my sweet, what did I do to be bless with your presence?" He asked sweetly. Maia slowly turned to face him. "Hi Jaden..." "Have you come here to demonstrate your beautiful and elegant skills?" "Not-" Maia caught herself. "This could be a good learning experience for Naiyo." She thought. Then she cleared her throat. "Not unless I can find someone to fight." Jaden's face lit up and he took out his deck. "I could help out!" "Well, I don't know..." She said. "I will fight you as much as you want me to!" Jaden declared. Maia nodded. "Then let's go."

They were using the stage in the shop for their fight. Naiyo was in the stands with Claymore next to him. Both fighters proceed to luminizing. "Hunt, catch, devour! This is the way of a hunter! Luminize, Deadly Jaegars!" His core deck case changed into a bow and arrow. "The radiance of spells show true wonders of life. We'll prove it to you now! Luminize! Mystic Brilliance!" Her core deck case changed into a sky blue tome. "Buddy-" "FIGHT!" The audience declared. "Raise the flag!" "I fight for Danger World!" "I will fight for Magic World!" Jaden's buddy appeared behind him. "Where's your buddy?" He asked. "Let's just say, she doesn't appear until needed." He shrugged his shoulders and made his move. "Charge and draw. I will Clash Deity Dragon, Gaelcorga Ark (P: 4000, C: 3, D: 3000) to the left! Now Gaelcorga attacks the fighter!" The dragon slammed it's tail into Maia. "I will end." "Draw, charge and draw. Hey Naiyo, pay attention!" She called out. He gave her a thumbs up to let her know that he's watching. "First, I will discard a card to set, Precious Spellknight, Celine (P: 4000, C: 2, D: 2000)!" When she set the monster, a purple orb with the monster's name on it appeared next to her. "Then I will pay 2 gauge to set Spellknight of the Grand Stage, Trina (P: 5000, C: 2, D: 4000) and pay 1 life to set Charging Spellknight, Ara (P: 4000, C: 1, D: 5000)! I will discard Search and Rescue Spellknight, Kay from my hand to search for 2 Spellknights!" Two glowing card came from her deck to her hand. "Then I will call Gunrod-Wielding Spellknight, Vajra (P: 5000, C: 1, D: 1000) to the right!" A woman with crimson hair a purple witch outfit and a wearing a silver breastplate, wielding a Gunrod appeared to the right position. "Now my Spellknights' effects kicks in!" She declared. "First, I can charge my gauge since a Spellknight monster appeared on my field due to Ara. Next I can draw a card for the same reason due to Trina's effect. Now for Vajra's effect! Since I have 2 or more Spellknight cards on the field, she gain the Transform ability!" Jaden was caught off guard by that. "Transform?! That's a trait only in Hero World!" "We'll that's not the case anymore, isn't? I pay 1 gauge to Transform!"

A white light surrounded both her and Vajra, shortly after the light revealed Maia in Vajra's outfit. "I think someone else should join the fun. I pay 2 gauge to buddycall, Valkyrie Spellknight Leader, Assault Cara (P: 6000, C: 3, D: 3000)!" The Guardian transformed from her card and ascended to the field, showing off her new form. Naiyo couldn't believe his eyes. "Maia, is a Guardian Wielder?!?" "Now Cara's effect! I can destroy your monster!" A storm of feathers attack the monster thus destroying it. "Due my Spellknights' effects, I can charge and draw! But that's not all! I will use Celine's effect to give Vajra and Cara plus 1 critical!" "Oh no..." Jaden said quietly. "I will attack first! Vajra's other effect! Plus 1 critical!" Maia fired a blast that went through Jaden. "Next is Cara!" "Assault Wing!" Jaden dusted himself off. "Asst least-" "I'm not done!" He looked in the air and saw a ball of light above him. "So...strong..." "FIRE!!" And with that Jaden's life went to 0.

Naiyo was in his room looking out of the window, thinking about today's events, while Claymore was sleeping on his bed. "Maia, you are strong alright. But not just you. Mrs. Blair, Ms. Kurumi and other fighters are strong too. Even Sensei... I wonder why I was the one to receive this." He looked at his deck and the Gem shined a bit. "Maybe this is a key to find you, Mom."