7

I died on a Tuesday.

I went to the bathroom to brush my teeth and hair, wash my face, take a bath, and put the medicine on my cuts to make sure I didn't get an infection. Feeling confident and happy after taking care of myself, I stepped into the tub to take a relaxing bath. I laid down, closed my eyes, and hummed to myself as my skin soaked in the soapy water.

"Did you miss me?"

Janie's voice startled me and my eyes flew open.

"You're not real, Janie, you're not real. I have schizophrenia you're just in my head." Kelsey said quietly. She repeated her statements multiple times.

Janie laughed and that evil grin spread across her face. "Oh, is that what they've been telling you? That's hilarious, Kelsey."

I looked up at her. My brain was spinning and confused thoughts cluttered my mind.

Is she real? Are the doctors right?

"Kelsey, Kelsey, Kelsey.. Of course I'm real. I know you don't really believe them. Search your soul. You know I'm right."

I nodded. "I know." I whispered.

Janie got on top of me and began to look more like the Janie I had known. She looked like she did, right before she died.

I shuddered and began to cry silently. Tears streamed down my cheeks and I knew this was the end.

With the creepiest smile I had ever seen, Janie wrapped her hands around my neck and pushed my head underwater.

I watched her silently, my eyes wide open in shock.

After what felt like an hour, my lungs began to collapse. I flailed around, trying to get up and push Janie off of me. I was too weak.

But then I gained a lot of energy and stood up inside the bathroom. To my surprise, Janie was smiling even more. I looked down, avoiding her gaze. But I jumped back.

My body was laying lifeless in the tub, underneath the water.

"Now I can torture you forever."