3

After running for 45 minutes off of pure adrenaline to get home, I headed straight for a relaxing bath. It was all I could think of doing at this point to avoid a panic attack. I pulled off my sweaty clothes and threw them on the bathroom floor as I stepped into the bathtub and laid down.

I could feel the anxiety and stress leaving me as the warm water rushed over my shoulders and back. I felt the tension in my muscles begin to lessen, and finally I turned on a Katy Perry playlist and closed my eyes.

After about 10 minutes Katy's song "Roar" came on and I stopped singing along. I didn't know this song very well. I opened my eyes to change the song and almost jumped back when I saw that the lights were off.

I tried to keep the scared thoughts away as I fumbled to turn the lights back on. I cringed and didn't want to open my eyes, having a weird feeling that someone or something was there.

I gained the guts to open my eyes and chuckled awkwardly to myself when no one was there.

"See, Kelsey, calm down you're fine," I said to myself with a smile.

I heard a deafening crash of thunder and the lights went out again. I shrugged, knowing now that it was just the weather causing the darkness.

I couldn't help but feel scared, though.

I felt like I wasn't alone.

I tried to focus on Katy Perry's words.

I got the eye of the tiger, a fighter
Dancing through the fire
'Cause I am the champion, and you're gonna hear me

The music stopped.
My heart sped up.

Loud screams surrounded me. I covered my ears and screamed and cried. I was home alone, in a bath tub, with no electricity.

The screams continued for what seemed like hours.

Finally there was silence.

But then I heard breathing.

I thought it was coming from my phone so I pressed the home button.

I screamed and threw my phone against the wall in terror.

Janie's face was on the home screen, but not the way she'd looked when she was alive.

Now she looked demonic. Scars covered her face and her eyes drooped. Her skin was paler than usual and covered in dirt. Her hair was stringy and thin, and had lost its beautiful red color.

My phone started playing Katy Perry's voice again. This time, she wasn't singing and a creepy deep voice distorted her sound.

"Now it's my turn to torture you"

I screamed and got out of the bath tub as quick as I could.

I slammed my foot into my phone and heard it smash as I let out a yell from the pain.

The voices didn't stop.

"Kelsey..... you can't hide from me!"

I ran out of the bathroom and into the front room. Thunder crashed and light filled the room for a split second.

I saw Janie for that moment and struggled to move my body or scream for help. I couldn't. I was paralyzed and silenced by fear. I sat in the fetal position in the corner of the front room. Janie approached me slowly.

"You made me scared. You made me miserable. You made me hate my life enough that I ended it. Kelsey.... I'm going to do the same to you."

She laughed and I stared at her, eyes wide in fright.

She caressed my cheeks and slowly dug her pointed fingernails into my skin. I saw her flash a demonic smile at me.

And then she was gone.

The storm cleared.

The lights came back on.

And I stayed still for about 10 minutes before even coming to terms with reality. Blood trailed from the bathroom to where I sat. Shards of glass were stuck in my foot. Extreme pain came from my face.

I carefully picked the glass out of my foot and wrapped it in bandages. I went to the bathroom to see my face. Distinct scratches, almost like an animal claw, ran down my face. I washed off the deep cuts and finally, picked up my phone from the ground. It was completely destroyed. I groaned as I realized I had no idea how I was gonna explain this to my parents.

I attempted to clean the expensive carpets but didn't have any luck. Blood stains.

I went to bed and woke up hours later with a smile on my face.

"Oh thank God that was a horrible dream," I laughed to myself.

But I walked out to the bathroom and looked in the mirror and saw the cuts on my face and the terrifying reality hit.

I was being haunted by Janie Miller.