Chapter 14 - The Basement

Whoops, a little late for this chapter. Been busy decoding some stuff for my friend :) Enjoy!

(I'll come up with some lovey~dovey stuff soon. Don't worry.)

--

Pacifica's POV

"So, what're we going to do now with the Journals?" I said.

Stan, Dipper, and I were busy chatting in the Mystery Shack, discussing the whole idea of bringing Stan's brother back.

"My brother had constructed a portal under this very house, the Mystery Shack. The Mystery Shack used to be his lab and home before," Stan paused, glaring at Gideon from across the hall. "Your Uncle Bud took authority of the Shack."

"A portal...?" Dipper questioned him. "What for?"

"To investigate the strange and weird things of Gravity Falls and other places. Then he got possessive. Real possessive. Just like a Gleeful- which I'm proud of but at the same time disapprove of. He used... The demons to get what he wanted before out of my rage, threw him into the portal so he could never come back." Stan glanced at Journal 3 for a second.

"Now, over the years, I feel guilty. I think he should have another chance of this dimensions/world." Stan continued. "That's why I need the Journals since it has the exact layout of the portal."

"And so...?" I said, ushering him forward.

"Using these lost journals, I'll give it to him as an apology gift when we bring him back today."

"Wait wh- Today!" Dipper exclaimed.

"Come, better do things quickly, Dipper and Pacifica." Stan stood up and entered the gift shop part of the shack.

Dipper and I follow him silently, a little hesitant about what to do.

Stan looked around and punched in a code at the vending machine and it suddenly opened like a door, revealing a secret staircase.

He motioned us to enter and we went down till we found a huge triangular structure, supposedly the portal.

"Whoa..." I stared at it in awe. "Your brother must be real smart."

"Yes, yes he was..." Stan murmured.

Stan opened the journals to a certain page and straightened them, forming a blueprint of some sort.

"Is that the diagram of the portal?" I asked him.

"Correct." He responded.

He fiddled with some buttons and the earth rumbled. "We're going to turn this on finally bring my brother back."

((A/N - Things won't exactly happen like in the episode))

Muffled sounds of static came out from the portal and suddenly gravity changed.

"Whoa! What was that?" I exclaimed as I hit the floor once again.

"Some side effects."

Suddenly, Gideon sprinted out towards us. "What are you guys doing here? Don't activate the portal! It's dangerous!" Gideon yelled.

"What're you doing here, chubs!" Dipper shouted at him. "You were down here before?"

"Yes, yes I was and I was handling things very carefully. What would happen if the portal is fully activated? The world could end! There are hints of danger all over the place guys." Gideon said exasperated. "I'll deactivate it myself."

"Gideon no-" I started then gravity changed once again.

"Whoa wha-" Gideon started floating and tried running again but was forced back by a wave of pressure.

I got stuck by a wire so I didn't necessarily got hit by the blow while Dipper and Stan were also pushed back by the wave.

"Pacifica! Deactivate the portal!" Gideon screamed. He seemed anxious.

I looked back between Gideon and Stan. Then at Dipper.

"Choose what you want to do, sweetheart." Dipper said to me, looking at me.

I took a deep breath. "Mister Stan, let's bring your brother back."

A rumble sounded from the portal and we all screamed as my vision turned white.

--

I groaned as I slowly got up from the ground, my vision blurry.

I shakily looked around and found Gideon breathing quickly, looking around in panic while Stan looked up in awe of the portal. Dipper was lying on his side, still unconscious.

"Dipper!" I exclaimed in worry. I ran over to his side, despite the fact I felt dizzy and checked his heartbeat. Oh thank god he's still alive.

"Paz..?" He mumbled, looking at me. Then he abruptly got up. "Is he back?"

"Oh yes, I am back. Back to finish some business for a friend of mine."

Gideon gasped as a man that looked exactly like Stan but with glasses come out of the portal.

"Yo-You're the author!" Gideon squealed.

"Yes I am, kid." Stan's brother replied.

"Stanford! Glad you're back, brother." Stan chuckled.

"Thank you Stanley for bring me back... I have some unfinished business to do here. I just need the rift and..." Ford looked at Dipper and I suddenly, noticing us.

"Ah, Dipper Gleeful and..."

"Pacifica Southeast." I replied, cheerfully. "It's an honor to finally meet you!"

"Yes yes..." He said distractingly. "I just need to grab something from my office..."

He jogged off with just half-hearted greetings, finding whatever the rift is.

"That was a bit disappointing..." Gideon mumbled.

"Hey, if it weren't for me, you wouldn't of seen the Author!" I nudged him. "Stop worrying about things too much."

Gideon nodded silently.

I perked my ears when I heard someone manically laughing. "Here! Here it is! It's time for your revenge, Bill!"

We heard glass shattered and once again, the earth rumbled.

"That doesn't sound good..." Dipper mumbled, worried.

We headed upstairs and outside where, seemingly, a rip appeared in the sky.

"Yep, that ain't good." I said, confirming Dipper's prediction.

--

Another chapter! Yay! I might cut this book short since I'm running out of ideas... But there are about maybe 10 chapters left until the end :)

I guess this book is more of a mash up of Reverse Falls and Gravity Falls.

- Cassie

--