a whisper of wind.

annabeth.

piper's lips were pink. not pink like mine are in the summer, but light pink. they were beautiful, too. their curves were graceful and perfect.

"i'll always be here for you,"

i was close to her now. her flower scented perfume subtly fogged up my brain. irrational. i'm being irrational.

i pulled away.

"piper, you're always welcome at our home. actually, come home with me. we can help you start packing up tomorrow. and i'll find you an apartment." i said.

piper nodded numbly. "thanks, annie... i can't thank you enough."

i laughed quietly. "come on, pipes. let's go. you need rest."

-

the door of the apartment clicked as i turned the key. the lights were off and a cold stillness of night rested over the apartment in a blanket of silence. our feet hitting the cold wood floor echoed through the stark silence. piper's eyes glowed dimly.

percy wasn't home, but i didn't mind. just me and... piper. pink lipped, swaying hips piper. beautiful and soft spoken piper.

the silence was so loud, it drowned out our voices until it was only a whisper.

"annie..." she whispered. i shivered. the hair on my neck quivered. "thank you again."

i breathed in deeply to get a hold of myself.

"it's no problem, really. you're my... best friend." i turned to smile at her. big mistake.

her eyes were soft and dim. the smile on her lips was delicate. her voice was like the soft wind, rustling through leaves, making windchimes sing. "thank you,"