Chapter Twenty-Six:

Chapter Twenty-Six:

"Get ready 'cause Phoenix is ready to burn!" The announcers say.

"You can do it Lee, Go get 'um." My coach says.

"Burn." I say and go to the rink. I step in and. face a guy about my age.

"3,2,1!" The announcer yells. I start by dodging his hook. Then I throw a punch in the gut. He crunches down so I punch his face. Blood spills out of his mouth but he gets up.

"Bitch." He says and punches me in the lip. I punch him again and again. Then I look down at him crumbled on the floor.

"I know I'm a bitch." I say.

"I'm not fighting anymore! The Phoenix is over! But remember fucking shit happens when you mess with anyone connected to me!" I yell and step out of the rink. I walk to Owen and grab his arm and pull him out.

"What the hell!?" He says.

"I'm done fighting, now get in the car." I say and jump in, waiting for him.

*****

"I dropped him off after my fight. I stopped fighting Jaden." I say, sitting on my bed.

"You-as in Lee Manson-stopped fighting?" He asks.

"Yea, at least I can focus on sports and studies and my family now instead of fighting techniques." I say.

"Wow, Cynthia Lee Celia Manson focusing on studies? Never heard that before." He laughs. I chuckle and hit him on the arm. My phones starts ringing so I pick it up to see my grandma calling.

"Grandma, are you okay?" I answer.

"I'm in the hospital, Abby jumped on me, don't tell anyone but could you get down here?" She asks and I grab my keys, walking out the door.

"On my way Grandma." I say and jump on my bike. I speed to the hospital and walk in, heading for the front desk.

"Celia Manson." I say.

"Friend or relative?" The man asks.

"Granddaughter." I say and he leads me to her room.

"How are you?" I ask, running to her side.

"I'm fine but the doctor said I need someone to stay with me for a week or two." She says.

"Done." I say.

"You need to go to school." She says, pointing at me.

"No way in hell am I letting you make excuses. Grandma, I know you, you're just as stubborn as me. I'm staying with you." I say.

"Language." She says.

"When can you get out of here?" I ask.

"Now as long as you can take me home." She says.

"Yep, but we have to go to my dad's. I need to get clothes and tell him I'll be gone for a week or two." I say and we start getting her ready.

*****

"Daddy, I'm going to go spend a week or two at grandma's, I'll have someone bring my homework up there." I say.

"Fine." He says. I walk to my grandma's car and chuck my bag into the back seat, starting the car and driving off. 

*****

"Get in your god damn cage dog!" I yell at Abby and she runs to her cage and Nico runs up to me and starts licking my face.

"Cynthia!!" My grandma yells.

"Sorry. Who's my good boy, who's my good boy?" I say to Nicosaur.