Chapter 26

Christopher

"I'm not going to tell anyone". Angelina huffed as she began to pick out clothes for Alexia while she was washing up in the bath tub. She walked over to her pale pink dresser and began aggressively throwing clothes trying to find pajamas for her.

"Her pajamas have always been in the bottom drawer, since you gave birth to her." I stated raising one eyebrow. She side eyed me as she slammed the drawer shut and got on her knees and began to look through the bottom one.

"Why?" I asked.

She threw a lavender colored t shirt and pink pajama bottoms that were decorated with flowers on to the bed. "Why what?" She spat.

"Why aren't you telling anybody?"

She sighed, as her side profile came in to view, her jaw clenched momentarily and she got up from her knees, using the dresser as leverage.

"I don't know Christopher, maybe it's because I love you? I love you so much that it hurts, and I'd rather see you happy with that bitch-"

"Watch ya mouth".

"I'd rather see you happy with that girl than in jail, I don't want Alexia growing up with out a father because he can't keep his dick in his pants". She stated matter-of-factly.

I squinted my eyes at her. Trying to analyze what she was saying. Her eyes held hurt, but soon the emotion turned into something else. She was amused.

"Or maybe......"

"Or maybe what?" I spat annoyed with her beating around the bush.

"Maybe I want leverage". She chuckled brushing past me into the bathroom. I got a whiff of her perfume as I caught a glimpse of her backside. She wasn't serious. Was she?

"Bbbbbbbbbb". Alexia sang as she blew bubbles in the water. She lifted her face from the tub showing off her brand new mustache and beard made of Sesame Street extra soft bubble gum bath soap.

Her eyes lit up when she caught sight of me. "Hi daddy". She cheered. Angelina rolled her eyes and huffed. Ignoring her gesture I smiled at my little angel. "Hey baby girl, you ready to get out?"

"Hmmmm, only if you tale me a bed time stowy". She chirped, sitting back further in the tub so only her eyes were showing beneath the mountain of bubbles. I chuckled at her pronunciation of 'tell' and 'story'.

I nodded in agreement. "Of course princess". She squealed with excitement and lifted her arms from the tub, reaching for me and clenching and unclenching her hands.

"Hold on baby, we gotta get you rinsed off first". I giggled. Only this little girl could get me, a grown ass man, to giggle.

"Alright come on sweetie". Angelina cooed to Alexia as she pouted. "No I wanted daddy to do it". She whined. I smirked knowing I was her favorite.

Angelina rolled her eyes, as her lip tucked in between her teeth. I lightly tapped the back of her head, "don't be rolling your eyes at my child". I sneered.

She turned around with her arms crossed looking at me. Her lips were bunched to one side as she squinted her blue eyes at me. I held her gaze as my tongue slid over my lips.

She tried to hold in her smile but she gave up as she erupted with giggles. I began to smile and chuckle also. "Dadddddyyyyyy". Alexia whined breaking me and Angelina's gaze.

"Yes baby?" I responded.

"Can you and mommy pweeeasssseeee heeeelllpppp". She sung. She is so over dramatic, singing and shit. Angelina made faces at her as she giggled. She sat on the floor next to the tub as I sat down on the toilet seat.