Chapter Eighteen: Written Exam!

Start from the beginning

“I’m good Kiba,” I said. “You?”  

“Yo, Kiba,” Lisa stated.  

“Hi Kiba,” Tash said after.    

“Hi Lisa, Tash,” he said nodding to each one. “I’m good, too. And so is Akamaru,” he said as I tickled Akamaru’s nose. “Where’s Jurei-kun?”

I wondered that myself. I turned to Liss and Tash, and they shrugged. I turned back to Kiba, “Uh, I don’t rightly know.”

“How do you not know where your teammate is?” asked a familiar voice: Shino.

“Yo, Shino!” I said stepping to the side. “What you been up to?” I asked as I walked over to him with a smile on my face. Shino. Always been one of my faves!

He blinked at me. “Nothing really,” He answered. “Yourself?” He asked in his same old way.

“Not really, training” I stated dryly. “Hinata, how are you?” I asked turning to her.  

“I-I’m good t-thanks” she stuttered. The poor thing.

“Good, that’s good,” I said with a smile. She smiled back.  

“Tam, want some chips?” Choji asked from behind me. I grinned widely for everyone to see.

“Yep!” I said, turning to face him with my grin in place. I spotted Shikamaru next to him and a scared Ino next to him. Choji pointed the bag at me and I took a chip. We shared like this until there were no more.

“Oh,” we both expelled at the same time then laughed about it. Naruto, Sasuke, and Sakura walked through the doors, and all attention turned to them from all the rookies. Me, Lisa, and Tash went to one side while all that petty arguing went on. I tuned out ‘til I heard shouting from Naruto.  

I walked over to the side of him “Baka!” I shouted, punching him in the side of the head. He flew right into the wall and sat there.  

“What was that Naruto? I didn’t quite get it?” Kiba asked, chuckling. I walked over to the side of him.

 “Baka!” I shouted, punching him in the side of the face and he fell next to Naruto,  both out of it for a minute or so.  

I felt a presence behind me. “I wouldn’t draw attention—” he said as he placed a hand on my shoulder. I cut him off because as soon as his hand hit my shoulder, I grabbed hold of it.  

As I flipped him over my shoulder, I shouted, “Get your scum ridden hands off me!” And slammed his back onto the floor in front of me. Gross, Kabuto. You don’t just go touching people!

He just blinked as he laid there in a daze. Out of it right now.

“Do you know each other?” Sakura asked.  

“No,” Kabuto said as he stood on shaky legs.  

“Not really,” I snapped then turned on my heels, walking back to Tash, Lisa, and Lily, who had jumped off me when I walked over to Naruto.

“Come on Lily, you want an acorn?” I asked as she jumped out of Tash’s arms and on to my shoulder. 

I tuned out for a bit here.

...

Julie

Not thinking, I held out my hand and—Lady Luck is on my side—I grabbed the hilt of the sword.

“Ha!” I cried out victoriously, dropping my paintbrush and taking the sword in both hands. Jensen was pumping wildly. I was so chock full of adrenaline from my near-death experience, that I couldn’t pay attention to anything else but the guy standing in front of me and the sword in my hands.