Chapter 16

Confused I watch as Quil stands up from the booth we were sitting in, grabs my hand and pulls me up.  "Wha-" He looks at me then he proceeds to walk quickly out the door. He slows down a little then puts me somewhat in front of him causing me to trip. I waited to hit the ground. Instead I felt arms around me. "i'll always catch you." He stands me up. A girl sitting on the bench behind where we were standing awed. I blushed. "You guys are so cute." She says, which made me lean into Quil and blush even more. 

   "Why did you pull me out of there?" I mumble as he leads me down the sidewalk. "Paul didn't tell me some things about that place. And the meal was already paid for." He had a look on his face that I didn't want to question further. We walk around. I grin when I see the bookstore me and Bella found one time we were here. "A bookstore?" He mumbles. "Is that all I had to do?" A guy standing not from us snickers as I shoot Quil a look before smiling. Quil wanders around behind me as I flip through some records and cds. "What are looking for?" Quil asks. I shrug. "Don't know. I like looking for a catch." 

   "If you want a catch, I'm right here." He laughs when I shove his shoulder and walk over to the books. "Umm what's your favorite book?" I contemplate the question. "It depends. Are we talking like a specific genre or in general?" He raises an eyebrow. "In general." I scrunch up my nose. "Well it's hard to say. Because I really love a lot of books. Plus I'm kind of a book hoarder." He looks at me weirdly. "What I read a lot ok back in Arizona. Also me and Chloe will read books then trade them and then talk about the books we read like a book club." He groans. "I'm dating a nerd." I gasp. 

"I am not a nerd just because me and my best friend have a secret book club." He laughs. "A secret book club." I turn away from him, "Shut up." I continue down the different rows of books. I  do a sharp intake of breath. "They have all the Harry Potters. And they're a dollar." I grab the books. Going through the different stacks of books towards another section I didn't see the last time I was with Bella. "Rae, where did you go?" I poke my head around the shelf. "Quil, sshhhh" He looks offended. "Don't ssshh me, love." He walks over to me with a comic book in hand. "This. This is a good one." He holds it up to me. It was Deadpool Vol 1 #11. "Yes. That one's my favorite. Do they have another copy?" He raises an eyebrow. "You read this comic?" I nod my head. "I tackled a kid to let me borrow it." He gives me another look

"Really. I did. It was at one of Bella's few dance practices. Mom had brought me along. I wanted to read the comic but the boy didn't let me saying that girls didn't read comics. His dad agreed until his wife smacked him upside the head and reminded him that they met at a Star Wars convention. The kid still didn't hand over the book even after his mom said to share it so I tackled him and sat on him till he agreed." A laugh that sounded a lot like wide chimes came out from the girl behind the register. "We do have another copy of that comic." She said and passes it over to me. 

After leaving the bookstore with my books, I let Quil lead the way. "Where to next my kind sir?" He shrugs his shoulders as we continue down the street. I get this weird feeling that something is about to happen. I guess Quil felt it too because he was pulling me into another restaurant. I feel Quil flinch when there was a faint popping noise. Quil wraps his arms around me. I turn my head to look out the window and the whole block seems to goes into darkness. I give Quil a startled look when the ground starts to shake. "Uh you're feeling that too right?" He nods his head. The power flickers a little bit as thunder can be heard. The power goes completely out after lightning strikes a pole across the street.

 People started handing out candles "A candlelight dinner babe." He says jokingly. I laugh. "Maybe something good can come out of it." He says. I give him a look."What I can't try?" He says. I sighed.  "I don't want to rush, unless you want to then thats totally fine." I smack his arm. He starts laughing. My phone rings.
    "Hello. Bells calm done. We are fine. It wasn't anything major." I say into the phone. "We are fine Bella. Think the power went out because of a storm." She hangs up. I put my phone in my purse. I lean into Quil. His stomach starts rumbling. I look out the window and see some of the lights coming on and the rain starting to slow. I nudge him and point. He looks over my shoulder.  

"Want to start heading home?" He nods. We start walking down the sidewalk. I kissed him. I shocked myself and him to. He kissed back after a second. I pulled back. "We need food before you go wolf on someone." We head back towards the car. Walking hand in hand, I start swinging our hands. "Babe look." He points at a restaurant. It seemed like a cute Italian restaurant. I nod. We walk in. "Table for two?" Chloe asks. We nod. "Right this way. I love your dress by the way." I sign thank you then realize she can't see me."Thank you." 

      "Your waiter will be here in a minute." I forgot she worked here. She winks at me then wiggles her eyebrows. "I expect all the details later. Text me. Oh and Toby is your waiter." She walks away. Toby will probably just end up sitting with us, knowing him. We sit down. Quil sends me a look and then goes, "Like Toby, in the pack Toby?" I nod.

       "Who's Toby?" I smirk as I see Toby walking towards us. "Hey I am To-- Heyy girl. Ohh you're totally on the date that Chloe was telling me about that you guys totally forgot to mention to me." He says. I die laughing at Quil's face. "Oh I know those shoes. They're the 'I came here to play' shoes. Plus you took him to a book store??? I know it's true love." I laughed even more and this time Quil looks mortified. "Honey what you want to drink? I gotta get to work before I get yelled at." He says quickly."Um let me get a coke." Quil says. "You want a shirley temple?" I nod. "What the hell is a shirley temple?" Quil asks. "Babe you can try it when it gets here. Thanks Toby."
        That was probably the funniest dinner ever. Toby kept coming over and would talk to us. I laughed a lot more than I expected. Quil looked like he didn't know what to do with Toby as our waiter.  "Hey Lynn that girl over there is cute." Toby says when he brought the check. "Thanks for telling me Toby. Go flirt with her then dang." I tell him.

Omigod, I gave myself the perfect idea. "Toby, you need to hangout with Alice." He gives me a look. "I know the vampire" I sign. "You guys seemed to love each other. I'll text you and give you all the details. We will hang out at the mall on Friday."  Quil give me a look. "Don't I give me the look. He still goes to school with us." 
         "You guys find the red head yet?" I ask. He shakes his head. "She's crosses the boarder whenever we get close. And what's with Toby?" He says. "Ok. At least you have an idea what she wants. Its not my place to tell." He gives me a confused look. Toby comes back. "Have a good night guys. Be careful. Don't have to much fun and use protection" Quil gives me a look, I laugh and give Toby the finger. We walk to the car and drive to my house. Quil pulls into the driveway. "Damn we are way past your curfew." I look at the time and it's 1 am. Holy shit we were out that long?!  He opens his door and I unbuckle myself. He opens my door for me and I get out. He closes the door and walks me to the front door. "This was an interesting first date." I nod. "Bye babe. I'll see you tomorrow." I nod, I forgot it was technically sunday. He pecks me cheek. I grab his hand and pull him back. Kissing him quickly then walking inside.