Chapter 34

Sniffing my hair, decided showering would probably be the best thing to do before changing. Gathering clothes to wear, I head to the bathroom.  Mulling over the dream and how did Alice see it? Also mulling over the fact that Charlie knows about wolves because Jake decided to show him that. Which is fun. Since coming back from all the traveling, it's been all weird things for me. I've noticed that if I'm around Edward, I can read thoughts. I can change my appearance slightly, theres also the fact that I can project thoughts onto people. And according to the guys theres times where I'll start shaking like I'm about to shift into a wolf. With all the things happening with me, why would Bella think distancing now would help. I wonder if Edward can hear dad's thoughts. Maybe I can ask him later. 

              Climbing out of the shower to see a text from Alice. 

Wear clothes to play baseball in. Carlisle wants to test your abilities. -Alice

       Cool. Cool. This is what we're doing today. Wrapping a towel around me, I run back to my room to switch outfits for the day. Trying to find my leggings I wouldn't mind getting torn and the ratty hiking sweatshirt. Maybe not that sweatshirt. I dont want it ruined in case I some how turn wolf. 

         I send a text to quil, hey going to the cullens. apparently carlisle needs to show me something about the weird things going on. and apparently we're also playing baseball or something so 🤷‍♀️

text me when you get there. i might have patrol at some point that starts at the cullens so me and embry are going over. 

        He texted back rather quickly. I shrug my shoulders before trying to find my extra phone charger. I should grab a book and a notebook. Throwing all those into a small tote bag and making my way down to the kitchen. Throwing my bag onto the kitchen counter, I grab some snacks knowing that the Cullens more than likely won't be having any food for me. 

     "Hey dad. Have you seen Bella?" He looks up at me. I start rummaging through the fridge for any coffee creamer. "Ya why." I spin around from the fridge to face him. 

        "What?"

        "I said ya that I've seen Bella. Why?" I shut the fridge door. Grabbing my coffee mug and pouring in some coffee and creamer. I glance over at dad trying to decide whether or not to be hurt or mad or both that she hasn't bothered to talk to me. I knew that she had every intent of being with Edward. Even though it meant becoming a vampire. And that she didn't want to have to leave us behind. 

        "It has felt like she's been ignoring me since she came back from her honeymoon." He made a weird face. "And out of the blue she reached out to me today. So I'm going to the Cullens. Apparently according to her, Carlisle might have figured out the what's going on with whatever's happening to me." 

        Dad nods his head before finishing his coffee. "Well I'm going to Billy's to watch a game. I'll call Bella and we'll have a family dinner or something, ya?" He stands up and sets his mug in the sink. I nod. 

        "She really hasn't talked to you since her honeymoon?" I shook my head. He sighs and shakes his head. I shove a waffle in the toaster.  "I would try to send her stuff while I was traveling and stuff with Alice. But it is was it is." He hands me a plate. 

        "Plus you two have been running around a lot lately." 

        "True." Charlie jobs up the stairs towards his room. 

          I finish my breakfast. Grabbing my bag off of the counter and yell a bye dad before getting into my car. Let's see if I remember how to get to the Cullen's house. I haven't been since the graduation party that Alice threw. So that should be fun. I put the radio on hopefully to make the drive a little better. Girl by Jukebox the Ghost quickly became one of my favorite songs. Finding the driveway for the Cullens wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. I think I might be able to get away with just parking behind Emmett's jeep for now. 

       "Welp lets get this show on the road. Might as well get it all over with." I sign and climb out of my car. Before I could send a text Quil that I made it to the Cullens, I see him making his way out of the woods. I jog over to him. Embry sees me first and waves. Quil smiled when he noticed me. "Walk in with me?" He sent Embry a questioning look before both followed after me. Before I could knock on the door, Bella swings the door open. My body started shaking again like I was going to phase. The pain was a little bit than all at once. It started feeling like my vision was going a bit. What felt like ice took hold of me before the feeling was gone. I shook my head but the weight didn't feel right.