Chapter 8

I was shaken awake by Bella. "Come on. We are going to Port Angela's." I groan as I roll out of bed. Its like 8:30 am. I walk sleepily over to my closet and start picking up clothes. Why Bella wants to go this early is beyond me. Or wants to go to Port Angelas to begin with. I throw everything on and look at myself in the mirror. I search for my wallet and a purse. I find my wallet wedged at the bottom of my book bag. And my coach purse my mom got me for my birthday a year ago. I put my headphones, chapstick, phone, charger and wallet into my purse. I walk down stairs, attempting to see if Bella was in her car. Grabbing a water out of the fridge, I start looking for leftover pasta or pizza. Finding none,  I decided on a bowl of cereal. 

         "Hurry up Bells. I gotta pee." I holler at her. The hair dryer is still going."Knock knock I have to go. I gotta go. Come on." It shuts off and she walks out. "We are leaving as soon as we both use the potty." She tells. I shove her out of the bathroom and slam the door shut. I did my business and washed my hands. Walking out feeling better, I smile at her. She goes into the bathroom. I rummage around for a travel mug while I waited for Bella to be ready. Just as was about to finish pouring a cup of coffee, she walked down the stairs. "Who's car are we taking?" I ask. I was praying it was mine. It goes a lot faster than hers does. We drove to the grocery store in her truck and that thing barely pushed 50. "We can take yours." She tells me.

        I ran up and grabbed my keys. We walk outside and it was barely drizzling. It was almost like walking through those mist things. "Do you want me to drive?" I ask. She told me Jessica and Angela had invited her to go next weekend to look at prom dresses because Mike had asked Jessica and Angela asked Eric to go with her. Bella is refusing to go because she said that we are going to Florida that weekend. We meaning her and I'm probably going to bail to hang out with some of my friends for the weekend. And she was using me as an alibi if her friends asked. We walked around some of the stores none of them really standing out.
      I elbow Bella and point at what looks to be like some hole in the wall bookstore. We exchange looks and we walk over to it. Opening the door into the store you were hit with new book smell and incense. There were a few dream catchers scattered around the store hanging on the walls. Couches and chairs were tucked in corners of the store. Up near the front there also was coffee and tea set up. Bella wanders away from me as I start towards the used book section that also happened to have some records and cds. I found a Fleetwood Mac vinyl that I wanted. They had the entirety of the chronicles of Narnia series. Grabbing the series as well as a tattered looking copy of the Outsiders before I made my way to Bella who was looking at the books about different cultures legends. 

     On our way back to the car I sign 'Are you hungry?' to Bella. She nods.  We walk into a dinner that was close to where we parked. I got a burger fries and a shake. Bella got a burger and a drink. Looking at the time it was around noon. I raised my eyebrow at Bella when . Dad called Bells "We are at a diner eating food. I think that was the plan. We just ordered. We'll be home for dinner. Ok bye." she tells him. "So we driving home afterwards?" I ask. She nods. 

       I am glad I spent the day with Bella. We have almost always had the same friend groups but coming here she's either with Edward, talking about Edward or with Jessica and Angela or Alice. Our food finally comes. We start laughing when this guy kept trying to hit on a waitress but failed. "So I know have you talked to Edward about the whole vampire theory thing we have." She shakes her head, "He hasn't been in school." I shrug my shoulders. "Still??" She nodded. "You still have that theory with the thing that Jake told you about?" 

~~

        I start texting Quil and Jake. Embry got his phone taken away on Wednesday for failing a test or something. Sitting downstairs on the couch with Bella wondering if dad will get back from fishing with Harry Clearwater. Dad going fishing will more then likely end with us having fish for dinner. Great, note the sarcasm. I put away my other things and was debating which new phone case to put on my phone. My phone buzzes. 

Go with the strawberry case ~ xoxo gossip girl

My  phone dings again. 

Ignore Emmett. But seriously put the strawberry case on your phone it will totally match your outfit tomorrow ~ Alice

Ok but how did you get my number? 

Bella. Which by the way we are having the two of you over for dinner. ~ Alice

Strawberry case is cuter for your phone ~ Chloe 

So apparently I'm going to dinner tomorrows at the cullens with my sister ~ I quickly texted Chloe back. 

give us the deets on monday about the cullens ~ toby

damn how did chloe already tell you about the cullens?? ~ me

my dad over heard dr cullen say something about you and bella over for dinner. ~ toby

he was dropping off my mom's lunch or something. ~ toby 

       Plugging my phone in and turning off my lights, I decided to turn on the tv to fall asleep to. Finally deciding with the travel channel, I bundled up in my bed. I ended up passing out around 10. I kept having a dream about me chasing after a guy who turned into a wolf. Then  this guy that has red eyes jumps down from a tree smirking as he makes his way towards me. Before he gets close a wolf jumps out at him. I definitely need to see some sort of dream specialist or something about these dreams.

    Bolting up in bed. I check the time its 2am. Why is always 2am that I wake up? Rolling over to face my door and pulling up the blanket. But before I could fall back asleep I see out the corner of my eye I thought I saw something flash towards my window. God I need to stop watching Ghost Adventures before bed. Ignore it Rae, ignore it. It was probably nothing. I was able to finally starting fall back asleep after another hour of tossing and turning.