Ballin'

Izuku Midoriya sat at his desk, his head propped up on his elbow. He furiously scribbled down notes in his handy-dandy notebook, his eyebrows knit together with intense focus as he listened to his biology teacher lecture the class about genetics with a passion so great it was intimidating.

"And so when a female with a homozygous recessive phenotype mates with a heterozygous male, the offspring, according to probability of course, would be 50% homozygous recessive and 50% heterozygous..." She droned on and on, although Midoriya could listen for days. He loved learning about new things (hence all the note taking), and his capacity for new information knew no ends. He was a smart kid—so much so that he absolutely adored school, despite what was about to happen next.

Midoriya felt a light flick on the back of his head. Not wanting to interrupt his note taking, he rubbed the back of his head with his free hand, feeling around as he continued to scratch away at his paper. He pulled his arm back and in his hand was.....a spitball? (Classic, right?)

He turned around slowly, glancing over his shoulder to see where the spitball came from, when a second one nailed him smack dab in the middle of the forehead, right between his brows. It slid slowly down his face, eventually tumbling off the bridge of his nose and onto the floor, the sound of stale paper bouncing across the linoleum tile.

Then, the barrage began. Spitball after spitball silently flew across the room, all aimed at Midoriya, and the teacher was none the wiser. When the incoming balls of moist, wadded paper began to slow, he turned back to see who his assailants were. Not to his surprise, it was a couple of guys from the school's football team. The boys snickered, and Midoriya turned back to the front of the room, turning red with embarrassment. He swatted at the paper balls sitting in his wavy green hair, letting them fall to the ground with a soft thud.

This was a regular thing for Midoriya, and he'd learned to deal with it. Why the universe chose to single him out, he didn't know, but like his mother always said: "Everyone is dealt their own cards in life, and they have to play them, no matter the circumstances." And that made sense. He totally got it. But that didn't mean he welcomed a barrage of spitballs and swirlies with open arms.

Anyway, whether it be the football team shooting spitballs at him, the basketball team dunking his head in the toilets like a chicken nugget in a sauce cup, cheerleaders calling him gay behind his back (or rather, straight to his face), or even guys from the chess club calling him a nerd (yes, even the chess club sleazes looked down on him), nearly every group at the school found some way to ruin his day.

"Hey, Gaydoriya!" (original, ikr?) One of the players called out relatively loudly. Luckily, the teacher was so caught up in the 'fascinating' details of genetic karyotyping that he didn't notice, but the rest of the class sure did. Midoriya looked down at his desk, pulling his hood over his head as if to drown everyone out as snickers arose from around the room. He closed his eyes, holding his face in his hands, waiting for it to stop. It didn't.

The rest of the class seemed to last for hours. Midoriya would wait ten minutes and glance at the clock again, only to realize only a minute had passed. Once the bell finally rang, though, Midoriya already had his things in his hands and was halfway out the door. He sped out into the hall in an attempt to lose himself in the crowd; to become a wallflower like he always was when someone wasn't picking on him. The sound of running footsteps behind him, though, prevented him from doing just that.

"Deku!" A familiar voice called out to him. Midoriya walked even faster at the sound of it, and even more so at the name 'Deku'. "Midoriya! Hold on!" The voice called after him again. He contemplated whether or not he should stop, but decided he may as well get it over with. Reluctantly stopping and bracing himself for what could either be yet another barrage of spitballs, insults, or maybe even both if he was unlucky enough, he turned around to see the owner of the voice, Katsuki Bakugou. Bakugou was tall--definitely taller than Midoriya--and he was also on the football team, as one could easily tell by the letterman jacket he often wore. He had fluffy yet spiky bleach blond hair and daring scarlet eyes, and Midoriya was 99% sure he was albino, but it suited him, he supposed. And boy, was he a sight to see. Despite being known to be a massive asshole, Midoriya has to hand it to him. Bakugou was easily one of the most attractive players on the team, or even the most attractive, was well built, and he definitely could get some ass if he wanted it.

Bakugou was actually a childhood "friend" of Midoriya's, so to speak, hence the name 'Deku'. They'd known each other since elementary school, although they hadn't really talked since they were both too young to really understand what a friend was. And so, they went on with their lives to become two completely different people: a nerd and a jock.

Anyway, Midoriya turned, looking up at Bakugou with an icy look. "What?" He asked, his voice wavering as he waited for either: 1. Another spitball ambush, or 2. An insult. Bakugou awkwardly reached out and plucked a spitball from the other's hair, tossing it behind him. "You, uh, had a lil' somethin' there," he said, gesturing to his head. When Midoriya didn't respond, Bakugou cleared his throat. "I, uh, just wanted to let you know that what the guys did back there was pretty shitty, and I'm gonna give them hell for it later."

Midoriya gave him a skeptical look. He wasn't going to fall for another one of these pranks. He knew exactly what was going to happen. He would accept the apology, then the team would act all buddy-buddy with him, only to turn on him in the end. Bakugou noticed his look of skepticism. "But I didn't shoot any spitballs or anything, I swear!" he added, rubbing the back of his neck. "Fuck. Fuck." Baluchi (Bruh I'm deadass leaving that typo there because it's so funny) became visually frustrated, and held his forehead in his hands for a moment as he calmed himself. "Look, I'm real sorry for what they did. They're immature as fuck, and it was completely uncalled for. I mean it." Bakugou looked down at Midoriya apologetically, shoving his hands in his pockets.

Midoriya's skeptical glare remained as he listened to Bakugou explain himself. As he did so, Midoriya considered the possibility that this was genuine remorse. He was about to accept the other's apology when he realized who he was delaing with. This guy was Katsuki Bakugou! He was known around the school for being a self-involved, "not-my-problem" kind of guy. Why in the seventh ring of hell would he be trying to make amends with him? He must have had some sort of alterior motive, and Midoriya wasn't going to be a part of it.

Once Bakugou was finished, Midoriya looked up at him with an apathetic face. "....why didn't you do anything about it, then?" He asked the taller boy. When Bakugou didn't have an answer, Midoriya nodded his head expectingly, a disappointed expression on his face as he turned on his heel, disappearing into the halls and becoming one with the crowd once again. Bakugou watched as he stormed off. He could've sworn he saw Midoriya wiping at his eyes.

Poor Midoriya ;∆;
I relate to him tho tbh like I'm skeptical af when someone comes over to me out of the blue and tries to talk to me.
I'm like "is this a prank?" and get the hell out of dodge lmao

Update: I changed some stuff in here so make sure to reread everything if you happen to see this! Sorry for the inconvenience :v