"What was that?" He flicked some water, making Jacob flinch.

"Don't do that," He whined but of course, Hunter did it again.

"Is it too gross for you?" Hunter lifted a wet hand and quickly placed it on his chest. "Oh wait... that's my hoody."

Jacob actually laughed causing Hunter's heart to skip a beat. Scott also looked up, that sound was very, very rare. Jacob tried to push Hunter's hand away but he held onto his hoody and pulled him into him.

"You have a great laugh," He beamed and kissed his cheek. Jacob knew he was blushing because his dad was really bad at pretending to mind his own business. Hunter then lightly pinched his cheek, obviously trying to embarrass him in front of his parent. "So cute."

Jacob pulled back with a shy look in his eye.

"Are you nervous about showing affection in front of your family?" Hunter thought.

"Yes."

"I can tone down if you would like me to?"

"No... it's okay. There's no point hiding it. I have to get used to it anyway."

They glanced at each other with the same emotion. Hunter loved how he had truly accepted it and was willing to evolve their relationship.

"Well, we did kiss in front of our seminar class today. I'm happy you didn't freak out."

"Hiding things can get tiring," Jacob watched him in between drying things. "I'm um, getting used to kissing you now."

Hunter smiled to himself.

"I'm really glad."

When the washing was done and put away, Jacob turned to his dad.

"Um, is there anything else that needs to be done?" He questioned quietly.

"No, it's fine. You know your mother, she just freaks out about stuff," Scott smiled. His son nodded and asked if Hunter would like anything to drink. When he politely declined, they wandered out of the kitchen and towards the bedroom.

* * * * *

Almost an hour went by until Grace walked in with her parents behind her. She didn't know if she was excited or not for them to meet Hunter. They didn't know her son was gay and she didn't know what their thoughts were with that kind of stuff.

They greeted Scott and William with happy smiles and warm hugs.

"Where's this girl of yours then?" Williams grandfather asked and nudged his shoulder.

"She couldn't make it," He replied. "But hopefully you'll get to meet her next time." William had been talking to her on the phone when his brother entered. She didn't really give him a reason for her not coming.

Just then, Jacob entered the living room with Hunter who looked a little nervous. However, he hid it well.

"Ah, there he is," Jacob's grandmother pulled him into a loose hug.

"Where have you been hiding? In your room as usual?" His grandfather said and gave his shoulder a pat, knowing he wasn't fond of hugging.

Jacob nodded and started to fidget when his grandmother looked at Hunter.

"Who's this?" She questioned, looking him up and down.

"Well..." Grace's heart thumped against her ribs. She wasn't really sure how to word it. Jacob saw her hesitation and didn't know if she was ashamed or just nervous. Hunter watched her open her mouth and close it again.