"There's nothing to be embarrassed about." Hunter was trying to keep his composure, but his mate was sitting on his bed, mingling their scents. "It's totally normal for you to feel this way."

Jacob nodded and peeked at Hunter who was sitting close. He had no t-shirt on and Jacob's eyes stared at his tanned and muscular body with burning cheeks.

Hunter smiled. Jacob was so innocent. "Sorry, I'll put a t-shirt on." As he turned to grab one from the floor, Jacob rested his hand on on his arm and Hunter froze. His mate's touch, it was so delicate. He turned and stared at his fingers brushing against his skin.

"Um," Jacob whispered, "can you... can you change back?"

"Into a wolf?" Hunter questioned and sat up straight.

Jacob nodded and quickly took his hand back.

"Are you sure?"

"I need to get used to it."

Hunter's eyes softened and he really had to fight the urge to kiss him.

"Okay." He stood up from the bed. "Are you ready?"

Jacob nodded once more and pulled his sleeves over his hands.

Hunter then relaxed and thought about being in his wolf form. The transformation was effortless and easy to do. One second he was human, the next he was a wolf.

This time, Jacob knew it was coming. Even though his heart sped up unbelievably fast and his mind felt numb, he wasn't going to get too overwhelmed.

Hunter sat on his back legs and watched him with caution. Jacob seemed to be coping better with a steady stare. "Would you like to stroke me?"

Jacob chewed on his bottom lip when Hunter moved his face closer and rested a chin on his knee.

"I would like it if you stroked me."

Slowly, Jacob lifted a hand and traced the fur on his head with his fingers. It was so soft and warm, just like last time. Jacob felt like he was dreaming, and it was one of those dreams where he didn't wanted to wake up.

Hunter's tail wagged excitedly as he lifted his head.

"Why do you have white fur?" Jacob questioned. Hunter's human form had dark hair, so that was what he expected to see.

"A white wolf is an alpha wolf."

Jacob nodded, showing that he understood. There was still a lot for him to know. He knew he'd learn with time. "Your eyes are the same colour."

"The eyes channel a path to the soul of the human and wolf." Hunter then lifted his big paws and placed them on either side of Jacob. He pushed himself up so he towered above him. Jacob gasped as the wolf forced him to fall back against the bed.

Jacob had a moment of panic until the wolf licked his cheek. The human scrunched his eyes shut and covered his face as Hunter attempted to butt his hands away with his nose.

"Hunt-" Jacob was stopped when the wolf licked over his face once more. "Hunter, get off!"

Hunter pulled his head back to see Jacob's bright eyes and gorgeous smile that he loved so much. He knew that would help calm him. "Sorry, I couldn't help myself."

Jacob rubbed his face with his sleeve while the wolf jumped back down onto the floor. His tail wagged and he panted with excitement. Hunter's wolf traits shined a lot more when he was in this form.

"It's fine." Jacob sat up. He was almost completely relaxed in the presence of such a huge creature.

Hunter decided to change back. He smiled and stood up, feeling happy that Hunter was still sitting on his bed. His scent was so strong.

"Do you like my wolf form?" he asked.

Jacob nodded and Hunter's smile widened. Acceptance was all he longed for. "I do get a bit too excited sometimes when I change. Throw me a stick and I'll be happy."

Jacob had a rare sparkle to his gaze when he watched Hunter sit next to him. The werewolf sat close enough for their legs to touch and his heart thumped hard.

They sat in comfortable silence for a moment, enjoying  each other's company before Hunter asked, "Would you like to go for a walk?"

* * * * *

Hunter's parents arrived home at nine in the evening. Jacob had stayed for as long as he could but eventually left at five, giving him enough time to walk home and still make it for dinner. 

Hunter was sitting by the side of the house and talking to Sam on the phone. He could open a mind link between them, but it was too soon into his connection with Jacob and he couldn't bear to have someone overtaking his mate's sweet voice. But due to the fact that he was on his phone, he didn't notice that his parents had arrived home.

Anthony was first to enter the house and tensed. Margo nearly walked into the back of him. She understood why he stopped. They could smell a human.

"Hunter?" Anthony asked and looked around the small studio cabin. The door was open and the lights were on. His son wouldn't leave the house so late. Slowly, Anthony edged forward, listening to everything around him.

Margo sniffed the air and the scent was everywhere. When they approached Hunter's room, the scent filled their nostrils. They looked at each other with worried frowns.

"I can smell a human male. Do you think someone broke in?" Margo questioned and looked around. Nothing seemed to be missing or broken. There were no signs of a struggle.

"That's what I was thinking," Anthony sighed. "Hunter's going to be distraught. They've clearly been in his room, their scent is all over it."

Marge sighed too. "Where is he? I'll phone him-"

Before she could finish, the front door opened and they both spun on their heels. Hunter had walked in after his call with Sam.

"Oh, hey I didn't know you were back." He casually walked over, not batting an eyelid at the new scent.

"Where have you been?" Margo asked with confusion when her son stepped around them and into his room. Why wasn't he reacting? He could obviously smell it. It was very strong.

"I was just talking to Sam outside." Hunter rubbed his eyes and grabbed the door. "I'm going to bed." And with that, he shut it before they had a chance to say anything else.

Anthony looked at his wife with a deep frown. "What was that? Someone has clearly been in his room," he hissed.

Margo tapped her chin with thought. "Well, maybe it's his-"

"The scent is from another male, it can't be his mate." Anthony spoke like it was utterly ridiculous. Although, Margo heard a small amount of uncertainty in his voice when he asked, "Can it?"