Hunter turned and collapsed back onto his bed. He was glad that he managed to keep back is aggressive streak.

"Will you stop being so angry, I'm trying to sleep."

His heart sped up when Jacob's sweet voice invaded his thoughts. When they spoke directly to one another, it was much louder.

"I'm sorry, I'll go to bed too so you can rest."

"It's fine, but you got really angry and it worried me. I don't like feeling that."

Hunter pulled off his t-shirt and his trousers. He threw them into the corner of his room and face planted his bed. "I just had an argument with my parents, I don't know if I can block out my feelings or not. I'll try."

Jacob was lying in bed with his t-shirt off and his pyjama bottoms on. He had his duvet pulled up to his chin. He could hear Hunter's thoughts and knew why he had an argument but he didn't understand. "Why is territory such a big issue?" If he was going to get to know him more, he might as well question things that confuse him.

"Well, you know how male cats and dogs pee on things and rub themselves off things to mark their scent or whatever?"

"Yes."

"It's like that for us too. a dog has a dog bed, we have our rooms."

Jacob turned on his side and thought with interest. "What else is your territory?"

Hunter liked that he was interested. "My pack, our land, my mate."

Jacob's heart thumped hard. "Seriously? I'm your territory?"

"Why is that a surprise to you?" Hunter smiled.

Jacob wasn't sure how he felt about that. Deep down, he thought he could feel a stir of excitement, but he wasn't sure why. "I don't know. It's a bit weird. Are you going to pee on me?"

"No," Hunter laughed out loud and just like that, his mood was lifted. "And it's not weird, you'll understand why when you know more about me. I'm very territorial about what's mine."

Jacob laid on his back and bit his bottom lip. "Of what's... yours?"

Hunter also laid on his back, smiling to himself. In his eyes, Jacob was his, nobody else's. But he didn't want to say that to him, not until he was ready to accept it. "It's a wolf thing."

Jacob very nearly smiled but stopped himself when he remembered his current situation. He shouldn't be enjoying talking to a voice in his head.

"So," Hunter thought and traced his own chest with his fingers. It did feel unusual to have someone else's aura sharing his own. "How're you coping? Are you hurting yet?"

They had only been apart for a few hours and Jacob was starting to get a headache and his chest felt heavy and clogged like he was on the verge of sickness. "No, I need to sleep before it does."

"Good idea, night Jacob. I'll see you tomorrow." Hunter didn't want to stop talking to him but at least he could see him in person in the morning.

Jacob rubbed his eyes and turned over to bury his head into his pillow. He didn't reply and tried to relax. It was definitely going to be a challenge to sleep.

* * * * *

When morning time came, the boys had slept better than usual. Especially Jacob. It was the first time in a while that his mum had to actually wake him up instead of him pretending to sleep.