"Oh," Jacob whispered and focused on the weird heartburn in his chest. He didn't realise it was linked back to Hunter being a werewolf. "How is the bond connected?"

"The more time we spend together, the stronger it'll grow until we're either too sick or I'm too loved up to hold it off. All it takes is sixty seconds of physical contact which only means holding your hand, then the rest will work itself out."

"Will it hurt? How will it make me feel?" Jacob asked. The questions were beginning to make their way out.

"It shouldn't hurt but it'll feel odd. We'll feel each other's emotions, have a stronger mind link and I guess we'll just feel connected. I don't actually know too much about it. I never really discussed it with my parents."

"Um, are they werewolves too?" It sounded very strange coming out of Jacob's mouth.

"Yes," Hunter smiled. He loved how shy the human was. He knew Jacob would get more confident as he gets used to his company. "And I'm an only child, just in case you were wondering."

Jacob nodded. He realised how much of a stranger Hunter was to him.

Just then, a burst of emotion exploded in Hunter's chest. His heart spiked and his breath caught in his throat. Jacob lifted a hand to his chest too with a worried frown.

"Jacob," Hunter breathed and tried not to look at him with so much affection. "I was wondering if maybe you'd like to connect the bond and then it'll be easier for you to get used to all of this."

Jacob watched him with big eyes. He hadn't thought about doing it today. "But I-I..." he whispered, "I don't really know you."

Hunter took a big breath when the sensation subsided. "I know, but once the bond connects, we'll need to and we'll want to spend time together. Then we'll get to know each other. We'll just be in constant pain if we try and wait."

Jacob went back to fiddling with his hoody sleeves. "I don't know." It dawned on him how his life was going to change.

"It's okay to feel unsure, I have thrown you straight into the deep end and I'm sorry for overwhelming you like this. I can promise that once the bond connects, you won't regret it."

Jacob thought about how he would explain all of this to his family. They didn't have to know, especially William because Hunter was his friend. He secretly liked how insane it was. Jacob thought that he was quite a boring person with no dreams or ambitions. Hunter will fill his life with so much excitement, but he was still hesitant. "Are you sure it won't hurt?"

"I'm positive," Hunter smiled after listening to his thoughts. He knew he was curious and liked the idea of change. Although, Jacob would need time to get used to the fact that werewolves exist. "You don't need to do anything and I'll answer any question you have."

Jacob's interest was growing the more he thought about a special connection happening to him. For half a year, he thought that his life would never have meaning again, and he would never have anything worth living for. Now, it was about to take a drastic turn and Jacob was desperate to live again.

"I know you're scared," Hunter said and shuffled closer. "I am too, but we'll both be going through this together and you won't have to do anything alone."

Jacob also liked the idea of that too. It wasn't just him feeling out of his depth with nobody who could help him anymore. He had answers and had support. His chocolate eyes glanced at Hunter. A thirst for something exciting fuelled his decision.

"Okay," he whispered.

"Okay?" Hunter repeated with a soothing tone. "Are you sure you're ready?"

Jacob nodded and watched him shuffle even closer, so there was less than half a foot between their crossed legs.

Hunter couldn't believe he could finally connect. He waited months to be in this situation. "Right, hold out your hands, we only need to connect for sixty seconds before the rest will happen naturally." Hunter watched Jacob's hands poke out from his sleeves and move them closer. Hunter hovered his above his mate's palms.

Jacob felt the warmth radiating from Hunter's hands and he couldn't believe he was doing this, but he'd be a fool to turn back now. So he sat patiently until Hunter connected their palms together and his warm fingers wrapped around his.

Hunter's senses were going crazy. Jacob's skin was so smooth and felt nice touching his own. It tingled his entire arms and he wanted to pull him as close as he could get him.

They stared at each other and waited. The fear was flowing through them both, as was the excitement and anticipation. They didn't know what to expect but whatever did happen, it couldn't be reversed.

Hunter knew he would find his mate ever since he was little. As for Jacob, he had no idea that he would find a relationship, let alone a werewolf who wanted to be his mate. He felt like he didn't deserve it. Why wouldn't he? He has never done anything wrong. He's not mean, he's full of empathy and kind to everyone.

Hunter liked his pure heart and his innocence.

The birds were squawking in the surrounding forest and the sun still shining on the world below.

Just as Jacob started to wonder if anything would actually happen, their sixty seconds were up.

At the same time, an intense shiver ran down their spines and their thoughts emptied, only leaving each other in their sights. Jacob wanted to let go of Hunter's hands but he could only squeeze them tighter.

They gasped when an extraordinary collection of emotions circled within them and of course, it wasn't their own. It was each others.

It was at that moment when Jacob knew he would never feel the same. He didn't know why it didn't dawn on him earlier but Hunter was probably going to be in his life for a very long time.

Although, he wasn't aware that they will now be bonded for life.