26: Red.

Loving him was red.
---

Selena.

The room burst from darkness into light and I swear my pounding heart could be heard over the gentle jazz music playing. It took a few seconds for my eyes to adjust to the brightness of the room. Before I could work out what was happening, my gaze connected instantly with a pair of hazel eyes that I recognised instantly as Justin's. My heart sped up and swelled with happiness as I stared at the man in front of me, a single rose in his hand and a handsome grin on his face. He was dressed in a pair of jeans and a long buttoned shirt, half done up. Part of me wanted to run to him, wrap my arms tightly around his body and never let go, but the other half kept my feet stuck firmly on the ground.

I was angry with him, no, I was livid.

How dare he swan off for months without even telling me where he was, rarely checking in on me or his child in a matter of fact and leaving his mother to clear up his mess. I was 98% sure he was cheating again, but again, I had no proof. I had suspicions and a list of names but no solid evidence and now, he shows up here with a rose and expects everything to be okay.

I was lost for words.

My attention was drawn away from Justin and to the decorated room. A single table with a white cloth and two chairs was placed firmly in the centre of the room, with matching cutlery laid out on the table. From the fairy lights hung around the room to the red rose petals on the floor, everything was simplistic but breath taking in every way. I was in awe of his efforts, but at the same time my suspicions got the better of me and I began to question why he would go to such an effort. Probably because he felt like he was close to getting caught out. He always used to do anything he could to cover his tracks. It was terrible really that in the midst of this romantic gesture, I was stood here questioning whether it was really genuine at all.

"So, what do you think?" Justin broke the silence, he stepped towards me with a sheepish look on his face, his hands firmly in his pockets. My eyes flickered back to him, but instead of the handsome man I saw before, all I saw was red.
"How dare you come back the day before our baby's scan, making this romantic gesture to pretend everything is okay when you've probably been away shacking up with some other woman." I snapped, folding my arms over my bulging stomach. This in no way was good for me, or the baby, but I just couldn't stop. Months of built up emotions just poured out of me into one massive shit show.
"You promised you would be here for me Justin, you swore to me you would and like an idiot, I believed you. I forgave you for everything you did to me, why? Because I love you." I was screaming at him and he stood and took it. His facial features softened and he pulled his lips together. He took strides towards me and enveloped me into an embrace. I didn't fight him, I just let him hold me. His cologne was as delicious as ever and his embrace after all this time was all the comfort I needed and for a moment, I forgot I was even angry.

"I wouldn't miss seeing our baby for the world Sel." He mumbled into my hair as he places wet kisses on my cheeks. His touch was soothing and I felt my body relaxing into his. He was always my downfall.
"I don't believe you." it came out as a whisper.
"I swear to god, that promise I made to you is the most honest promise I've ever made. I would never let you down again. I could never loose you again. You are everything I've ever wanted, everything I do now is for you. You can't see it now, but you will." in between his words his hands crept to my stomach and he placed two hands on my stomach.
"And I could let him down." he smiled down at my bump as his fingers trailed over my stomach.
"him?"
"Our boy." Justin replied simply.
"How can you be so sure it's a boy?" I said, narrowing my eyes.
"I just know." He replied simply, before cupping my face in his hands. "Give me three days and if after three days you don't believe that I'm telling the truth, I will leave. I won't put you through anymore. I'll let you call the shots on what happens next, just give me three days."
"Three days and if you don't prove to me, we are done. For real this time, I can't put our child through this type of relationship, it isn't fair." I said as Justin took my hands in his.
"In three days time, we will be a proper family. Like we both want." He pressed a delicate kiss to my head.
"I hope you prove me wrong." I said and Justin gave me a small smile.
"Now, please eat with me?" he said as he took just one of my hands and lead me over to the table.

He pulled out one of the chairs for me and helped me down onto the seat, before pressing another kiss to my head. His kisses were always so attentive, so loving.
"I know you hate it when I cook..." He began and I groaned aloud. He really wasn't blessed with his mothers culinary ability. "So you'll be pleased to know I didn't cook." He flashed me a cheeky smile and I felt my head melt. He always had the ability to make me fall for him all over again every time.
"I'll be right back." he pressed another kiss to my head. "And I promise I'll actually be right back." He winked causing me to frown.
"I really don't appreciate you mocking me." I huffed.
"Chill baby." he chuckled and disappeared out of the room. It was then, I recognised the room. It was our favourite restaurant, the he took me to after we reconciled the first time. Where we ate pasta and he made me dance. I laughed to myself, reminiscing back to that night when I was so embarrassed he made me dance, when he kissed me. It was the most perfect night. The reason I hadn't recognised the restaurant was for two reasons, the first reason, I had come through the back entrance and the second reason, they had recently undergone refurbishment so the room was almost unrecognisable, especially with Justin's added décor.

Justin appeared, pulling me from my thoughts. He had two plates in his hands, one he placed down in front of me and the other in front of his chair before sitting down.
"Some chicken pasta." He stated. "It was too posh to pronounce, but basically, it's posh chicken pasta." he chuckled and I laughed along with him, it felt good to be in his company.
"Andreas did try to explain it to me, but I didn't get it." He said.
"I bet you didn't even try." I sniggered at him.
"Guilty." he said, raising his hands up into the air.
"I've missed you." I blurted, before I could stop the words from coming out of my mouth.
"And I've missed you, god have I missed you." He mumbled, almost embarrassed. The jazz music was still softly playing in the background and I got an idea. Smiling cheekily, I stood up from my chair, causing Justin to look up at me in confusion.
"Are you oka-"
"Dance with me." I stated.
"What?" He smirked.
"Justin Bieber, dance with me." I demanded. He instantly stood up from his seat and pulled me into his arms, connecting our lips into a passionate kiss as he did so.
"Always baby." He breathed.