The rest of my family start yelling after Lucille said her piece.

Everyone hates the way that I treated Ariana.

I even hate myself for it.

Bethany storms out of her room and she walks over to me. "Can you take me away? You're friend is being a bitch to me. She doesn't like us hanging out together."

That's not like Ariana.

She never cares about who I hang out with. All she cared about was what would make me happy.

Ariana put other people ahead of herself.

So, this is all in Bethany's head.

Ever since I got together with Bethany she's been telling my garbage about my best friend.

I've never believed a word she said because I know the true Ariana.

I wrap my arms around Bethany. "Where do you want to go?"

"How about a party? I heard that Kappa Nu is holding a party." She looks me up down. "I'm sure you got an invite from the many admirers you have around campus."

She's right that I have many admirers and I did get an invite from the Kappa Nu President as her little sister is taking the same course as me.

I am partnered with her sister for an assignment.

Something hits me in the face and I look at the ground and see another roll on the ground.

"Grandma Lucille." I yell.

She looks at me. "It wasn't me boy. You should apologise to me for blaming me for something I didn't do."

Everyone at the table laughs including me.

Grandma Lucille acts like a kid at time. She said to me once. "I'm getting older and my mind is like a kids. So, I will act like one, while you have to act like an adult." She stuck her tongue out as well.

I laugh at the memory.

Grandma Lucille looks at me. "What funny, Evan?"

Everyone is waiting for me to answer her question.

I pour myself a glass of champagne and orange juice. "I was thinking about what you said to me a couple years ago."

She frowns. "My brain is like a tomato, you'll have to remind me what I said."

"You told me that I had to act like an adult because I'm older now and you get to act like a child because your mind is deteriating."

She throws another roll at me. "That's rude, boy." Grandma Lucille stands up and she uses her walking stick to walk over to me.

When she next to me she starts to hit me with it.

Ariana is laughing at me while I get hit by the old bat.

Grandpa Fred looks at his wife. "Lucille, sweetheart. That's enough. I think you've knocked some sense into the boy."

Lucille holds onto Ariana's seat. "Can you help me to my chair, Ari?"

"Sure," Ariana stands up and she helps Grandma Lucille to her seat.

As she takes a seat Ariana whispers something in her ear.

I wish I knew what she said to Grandma Lucille.

Ariana walks back to her seat. "What happened to Ethan?"

Ethan looks at me and I nod. "Evan and I went to gym. We got into the ring and things went a little too far and I ended up in the hospital."

I lean into Evan and say. "Did you go too far with the video you saw."

I grip onto the chair. "Yes," I place my arms around her. "I never want to see you like that again. All I want to do is protect you especially from Bethany."

A smile spreads across her face. "I'm glad that you want to protect me now." She looks at my brother and her face falls.

I have a feeling that Ethan and Ariana are keeping something from me, but I know they will tell me when the time is right.

Mom pours some champagne for Ariana. "I hope you can drink a little this morning."

"I don't think it's a good idea for me to drink this. I still have a headache from last night."

Turning towards her I see that she's pale.

Maybe something greasy will sober her up more.

There's heaps of food on the table.

Mom usually outdoes herself each brunch she throws.

Today there's bacon and eggs, hash browns, burgers, bread rolls sausages, steak and salads.

Ariana puts a burger and hash browns on her plate. She takes a bite out of the burger and sauce drips from the burger onto the plate. She also has some at the side of her face.

I wipe my finger across her face and show her the sauce. I stick my finger in my mouth and her mouth drops open as I stare at her.

***