The last time I fought someone I sent them to the hospital with a head injury as that person didn't know what to expect when it came to fighting me.

Ethan looks at me and he says. "Are you ready?"

I nod and we begin to fight for real.

He throws a punch at me and it connects with the side of my face.

My head turns to the side and I have a metallic taste in my mouth.

Damn, I forgot how hard he hits with his right hook.

"Are you going to tell me what's wrong, brother?"

I throw a kick at him and it connects with his stomach. "I just learnt that Bethany lied to me." I throw a punch at him and he blocks.

"About what?" Ethan pushes me away from him and he kicks the back of my leg and I fall to the ground.

"She told me she was pregnant when we were twenty-one, but it turns out she stole the pregnancy test from Ariana after she pushed her down the stairs."

Ethan freezes. "Ariana was pregnant?"

I nod. "She lost the baby, though."

Ethan steps away from me and he has tears in his eyes.

Why is this effecting him?

He reaches for his drink bottle and takes a drink. "I remember Ariana was going through a hard time back then and Mom helped her. One night Mom took off and she told Dad and I that she had to handle something. I think it was something to do with Ariana." Ethan looks at me. "When Mom thought I was asleep, she told Dad that she had to take Ariana to rehab. Now, I know why."

"I didn't know she was seeing anyone." I admit.

Ethan begins to throw punches at me. "She wasn't seeing anyone. It could have been a one night stand."

Ariana isn't that type of person.

I would like to get to the bottom of the mystery of who the father was so I can kick his ass for not being there for Ariana while she was going through a hard time, but then I remember she said she was going to tell the guy about being a father before she was pushed down the stairs.

Ethan throws a punch at me and it misses as I step to the side.

I throw a punch and it connects with his face.

He falls to the ground and his eyes close.

I run over to him. "Ethan?"

He doesn't respond.

"Call 911." I yell.

A guy picks up his phone and calls 911.

I get pushed away as someone tends to my brother.

Pulling out my phone I call Mom.

Mom: Hello?

Me: Ethan and I were at the gym. We were sparing and I hit him hard. He's on the way to the hospital.

Mom: How many more times do I have to go to the hospital because the two of you keep sparing and sending each other to the hospital?

Me: Too many, but we need to get our pent up anger out somehow.

Mom: Not on each other. The next time I get a phone call like this I won't be coming to the hospital.

She says that all the time and yet she's the first person there when we get their.

Mom: I have to call your brother's girlfriend and tell her what happened. Are you going to call Ariana?

Me: No!

Mom: Why not?

Me: It's complicated. I'll talk to you when you get to the hospital.

I hang up the phone before she can continue asking me questions.

I will be asking her my own when I see her at the hospital. I want to know more about what she knows of Ariana's pregnancy and if she knows who the father is.

The paramedics walk into the gym with a backboard. They slide him onto it before putting it on the gurney.

Ethan is taken to the ambulance and I go with him.

***

At the hospital Mom is in the waiting and she walks over to me. "How's your brother?"

"He's got a concussion." I take Mom's hand and move us to the chairs. "I didn't mean to hurt him, Mom." I hug her. "I saw something terrible today Mom. It happened years ago, but it was taped."

She pulls away from the hug and looks me in the eye. "What did you see?"

I feel tears fall down my face. "Ariana was pushed down a flight of stairs when we were twenty-one. She was pregnant at the time. She lost the baby because of the fall."

Mom pulls me back into her arms. "I know son. She told me about it."

"But that's not all. Do you remember how I called to tell you Bethany was pregnant?"

"Yes," she whispers.

"Bethany was never pregnant. She stole the test from Ariana after she pushed her down the stairs." I wipe my face. "Everything that's gone wrong in my life is because of that girl."

***