Chapter 3

I hope Hayes made it out. I look around again to make sure but he still isn't there. By the time I looked back at the building it was nearly gone. Half the building was burned already. I hear sirens from far away as they get louder and louder. Soon enough the ambulance and fire department are there. The firemen get the hose out and try to stop the fire and the ambulance goes inside to save the people left behind. Soon enough they come out with someone in their arms. It was Hayes. More came out and Dallas was there in a stretcher. Oh my gosh. Not them.

"What's wrong, Savannah?" Mallory asks me.

"N-nothing." I stutter and look back at them getting into the back of an ambulance. She must have seen it too because she sighed and gave me a comforting smile.

"I wonder how long we'll be out here! It's freezing!" Eva says. Ugh, I hate her.

"What are you staring at, freak?" Eva growls at me. I ignore her and turn back to give Mallory my annoyed face. She returns it. We both hate Eva. Always have, always will.

"I hope Hayes and Dallas are okay." I say as I begin to sit down against a tree a and Mallory sits next to me.

"I know. Me too." She sighs.

Soon enough everyone was gone and it was just me and her. The fire had gone out and we were told to all go home. We decided to stay.

"Hey, wanna come over to my house? Only for a little while. I know how mad your parents can be.." She shakes at the thought as we get up and start to walk to her house.

"So how are things with you and Jake?" She refers back to my boyfriend. "You really need to break up with him."

"I can't." The consequences.

"Why not? You never even told me why!" She exclaims.

"I don't know if I should tell you..." I trail off.

"Please! I won't tell anyone!" She yells.

"Fine. When I was 12 Jake and I started dating. Our parents had set us up together for the fact they didn't want us forever alone. He has always been older than me by 3 years. I now being 13 and him being 16. When I was 12 he was 15, so it was kinda weird. He would bully and abuse me everyday and it was horrible. When I found out he was cheating on me I told him we were done and next thing I knew I was put in the hospital. I don't remember much but those were the days I missed like a week of school. My parents had told them that I was on vacation with them. When in reality, I had 3 broken ribs and sprang my ankle and wrist both. It was pretty bad. Then after I healed Jake and I'd parents brought us into a room and told us that if we were to ever break up, they will find us, and do worse than ever imagined. Possibly even ending in death. Jake has raped me 4 times since then and has cheated on me with 10 other girls I'm the past year we've been dating. So yeah, there's the story." I finished.

"Woah. I'm so sorry." She starts to tear up.

"Don't cry over me! You don't even have to say anything. It wasn't your fault." I say.

"I know but, it's so sad!" She cries.

"It really is.." I trail off. Meaning every word.

***

It's now 5 pm and I'm home alone. As usual. I hear the door burst open and glass shatter. It's probably my dad. I go in the kitchen to find my dad on the ground bleeding.

"Damn it!" He shouts and looks up at me.

"What happened?" I ask.

"None of your fucking business. Go on your room now before I kill you." He says. Well then, I've heard that more than twice already. I go up in my room and sit on my bed.

"I can't believe she died! She fucking died!" I hear my dad shout and more glass shatters. I wonder who died...

"Savannah come down here, now!" My dad shouts and I run down stairs.

"Clean this shit up! We have to plan your damn moms funeral." He says and runs off with blood dripping off his hands. Once the sound of the bathroom door slamming comes in my ears I lose it. I start to cry as I clean up the shattered glass. I can't believe my mom died. I know this is pretty stupid to say about your mother who has abused and beaten you your whole life, but I loved her. I never saw her, but deep down I really did care for her. If only I could have had a normal life. Then all this wouldn't be happening. I wonder what it's like to even have a relationship with your parents. Like mother/daughter and father/daughter type thing. But this is reality for me. And this kind of stuff doesn't happen for me. I wish I grew up where me and my mom could be best friends. Not were she hates me and goes out does drugs. The type of mom that would teach you how to act in public, the type where me and her laugh together at the silliest things, the type of mom that I could come to for anything. But this doesn't happen. Never. And it won't happen. Because now she's gone.

After I clean up the kitchen I go upstairs to go to my room only to hear faint sounds of crying. It sounds like my dad. My dad? Crying? What?

"Why am I such a fuck up? I can never do anything right!" I hear him talking to himself in the bathroom. "This is horrible! I'm horrible. I can't believe she's gone! After everything! Damn it just kill me now and end everything! If she can't live than neither can I!" He shouts. I run off to my room before I get caught listening in. I can't believe my dad said all that. Maybe he's not as bad as I thought. I just hope he doesn't do anything stupid.

************

(Hey guys! Did you like this chapter? Let me know in the comments!💕😘
-Haley🙉)