10 - Puppy

"You have crumbs on your lip."

I wiped across my lips with two fingers, frowning slightly. "What? Where?"

Isaac gestured to the corner of his own lip. I matched his actions, brushing the area of my lips for the crumbs. Nothing fell from my face that I could feel. I held my hand away and cocked an eyebrow at him as we walked through the student parking lot.

"Still there." Isaac chuckled.

I groaned out loud, annoyed. "Well then, get it off."

Isaac stepped out in front of me, preventing me from walking any further. One hand tilted my chin in the air marginally as he used his thumb to brush over the side of my lips. His thumb was smooth and warm. I held my mango smoothie down by my side before I lifted it up to take a sip while I waited him for him to finish.

Of course, I would have crumbs from the lemon poppy seed muffin I had on our way to school. Scott made a group text about how he wanted everyone to meet up by Stiles' jeep before classes started. I assumed he wanted to discuss the whole Tracy incident, considering she was still missing after the whole transport van incident. Donovan was back in the Sheriff's station hold.

Suddenly, Isaac leaned downward with his thumb gently pressing against the side of my mouth. His lips were centimeters away from mine before I realized what he was about to do.

I jerked my head away from his, astonished. "Isaac!"

A defeated look fell on his facial features, clearly disappointed I didn't let him go ahead and kiss me. "What?" Isaac played dumb. "I was just trying to get the crumbs off of your lips."

"Oh, yeah? With your lips, right?" I slapped his chest. A small laugh emitted from my throat.

"How else did you expect me to do it?" Isaac laughed in response.

I stepped around him and continued to the bus area. I shook my head. "You are ridiculous."

"So, friends can't kiss each other now? That's not a normal thing?" He fell into step with me, snatching my smoothie out of my hand to steal a sip.

"Oh," I shot him a surprised look. "That's a normal thing? Friends kissing each other?"

"Yes!" Isaac exclaimed while handing my smoothie back. "Very normal."

I nodded my head, like I understood what he was saying. "Well, in that case," I stopped walking to push up on my toes in front of him. As he eager lowered his head, I spun on my toes, shouting at my best friend by his jeep. "Hey, Stiles?"

Stiles stopped in mid-conversation with Scott and Malia to look in our direction.

"Do you want to makeout? Apparently, that's what friends do these days." I strutted away from Isaac. I only got a few steps in before Isaac snaked his arms around my waist, pulling me back into his chest.

Stiles gave me a strange look, not understanding a word that just came out of my mouth. I squealed with laughter when Isaac held me close to his chest, picking me up from the ground high enough that my feet didn't touch anymore. He buried his head into my neck, nose pressed against the skin.

"I'm your only friend that you're allowed to kiss." Isaac whispered into my ear before he pressed a quick kiss to my temple. His arms fell from my waist and let me stand on my own again.

"Just kidding, Stiles." I laughed at his confused expression. I walked down up to the front of the jeep, where the rest of our friends were waiting.

Lydia had an eyebrow raised with her gaze locked on me. "You say you two aren't dating, but you sure don't act like it."

A blush coated my cheeks at her words. I knew she was right deep down. Isaac and I really did act like a couple for the most part, but both of us knew that we were not together. We agreed not to date in France because I wasn't ready after everything that happened and I didn't want him to be seen as just a rebound.