02 - Senior Scribe

"- pretty sure Liam has developed this little crush on you while you were gone. He's been asking all of us about you." Lydia waved her right hand around in the air as she controlled the wheel with her left. Her eyes remained on the road, despite the downpour of rain that made it slightly harder to see through. 

I cracked a smile at her rambles. I still owed Liam a kiss on the cheek. That would probably only fuel this little crush a little more. Luckily, our flight was early this morning. We had to change flights halfway through and ended up waiting at an airport for several hours. The eleven hour flight turned into a day and a half. Apparently, one of the main roads to Beacon Hills was majorly backed up. We were lucky to get into town before that had happened.

"Fair warning, people know that you're alive now, but they think that you faking your death was a really bad thing to do." Lydia carried on with informing me of everything I missed while being gone. "It's Beacon Hills,  though. Something will happen to get their minds off of this-"

An unsettling feeling swept over my body. A feeling that I was still getting the hang off. I knew exactly what this feeling meant and it was nothing good. As a Protector, my body has mentally linked with all of my friends because I cared so much about them. Right now, Scott and Kira were in trouble. 

 "Lydia, stop the car." I ordered in an authoritative voice. 

"What?" Lydia frowned, glancing at me in the passenger seat. "I'm not to the school yet. It's less than a block away."

I unbuckled my seat belt. "Stop the car!" 

"Clara-" 

Lydia drove the car to the side of the road and snapped her head in my direction. "What are you doing?"

"Scott's in trouble!" I yanked the black hood over my head.

The car barely came to a stop. I snatched my bag from the floor of the car and dashed out out into the rain. I looped my bag over my neck and shoulder, racing toward the direction of the school. The rain instantly soaked through my clothes.

"Clara!" Lydia shouted into the rain. "How does she know he's in trouble?" 

"It's kind of a sixth sense for her." Isaac answered. 

My boots pounded against the wet road as I pushed myself to run faster. Protectors tend to have some kind of supernatural ability; mine is the ability to change my appearance and senses. I was able to make myself run faster than a human should be able to, yet not quite as fast as a werewolf. My bag on my side flapped against my body and quickly became drenched. 

There were sounds of footsteps behind me and I knew that Isaac got out of the car to run after me. Both of us knew that Lydia wouldn't get there in time with all of the traffic lights. It was faster for us to run. 

Isaac raced past me in the student parking lot once we reached it. I chased after him, squinting my eyes through the heavy rain. There was a large puddle in the middle of the parking lot and I ran straight through it. Isaac's figure disappeared ahead of me. 

I increased my hearing to help figure out exactly where they were. From the feeling I got, I knew that they were at the school somewhere. 

"True Alpha?" An unfamiliar voice reached my ears. "Where's your power, Scott?"

"Who are you?" Scott asked.

"A devoted fan. Show me the man who took down Deucalion and broke the Argents. I came for that Alpha. Come on!"

I listened closer to figure out where they were fighting. The growls and shouts grew larger as I drew closer to the lacrosse field. 

"And I didn't come just to claim your status." The man growled, lowly.