Chapter 7

Chapter 7

As if on instinct, Luke pushed me behind him, cutting me completely off guard.

I half expected him to just dangle me in front of the robbers and yell "Shoot her! Not me!"

Guess life is full of surprises after all.

One of the men went over to the clerk, who had cowardly put his hands over his head, and began pilling the cash register money in a plastic sack.

The other two circled around the little group of customers, their guns ready.

My heart hammered inside my chest. This is it. I'm going to die.

As a child, I used to think that I would meet death when I was old and wrinkly, next to my grandchildren and loving husband.

Never would I have thought I would die in a tiny market, with the arrogant moron I got stuck with and his man deodorant.

My body started trembling as one of the men got closer to us and Luke reached back to grab my hand reassuringly.

"Call 911." Luke quietly whispered. I gawped. Does he want me to die?!

"They will see me!" I whispered-shouted with teeth clenched.

"Hey, no talking." One of the men pointed the gun in our direction, making us both close our mouths.

The other man, who was the tallest of the three, circled around Luke and I, keeping his eye right on my body, making me mentally puke.

"Pretty one you got there, buddy." He laughed mockingly and was about to touch me, but Luke caught his arm.

"Leave her alone." If looks could kill, the man would be ten feet under the ground from Luke's expression. I hastily moved further away, still clutching Luke's left hand.

The man hit Luke with the back of his gun, right on his eye, making him bend in pain. "Do not disobey me, boy."

Thankfully, he just gave me a smile full of lust, before walking away.

I ran in front of Luke, and moved his hand to see his injury. His right eye was swollen in a gruesome way, and a bruise was forming on the side.

"Y-you didn't have to d-do that..." I stuttered, completely awestricken that he sacrificed himself for me.

This was the first time someone did that for me, and never in my wildest dreams would I have thought it would be Luke, of all people.

The other little family that was also in the market, which consisted of a couple and one child, were huddled close to each other, and I noticed the father was calling the police.

But I wasn't the only one that noticed that.

"What did I say?! Do not call the police!" The same man that harassed me with his eyes screamed at the father, who had dropped his phone.

"Too late." The father said trying to sound confident but his eyes betrayed him.

The man cursed. "John get the money and let's get out of here!"

'John' was by the cash register, collecting the rest of the money before sprinting out of the shop with the other one.

The tall man gave a me a quick sinister smile. "I hope to see you again." He said, before he followed his companions.

As soon as they left, we all let out the breath we had been holding in, except the clerk who was crying since they had taken everything from him. But at that moment, I was too relieved to still be alive that I barely noticed.

I turned around, and hugged Luke as tightly as I could, and he did the same.

We stayed like that for a long time, until the sirens were heard.

**
We arrived back at the hotel really late but all the boys and Jasmine were still awake, in our hotel room.

Guess they heard about the incident.

As soon as the boys saw Luke, they all jumped onto him, causing him to fall on the floor. I stifled a laugh; what a typical bromance moment.

Jasmine gave me a reassuring smile, hugging me as well. "Are you okay?"

"I will be."

When Beau got a better glance at his younger brother's eye injury, he began ranting on how those men are dead when he finds them. I wish I had an older sibling like Beau, he was the type of person that always looked out for his loved ones.

After talking for a bit, the others decided to leave us to get some rest. After all, it had been a long day.

Luke walked into the bedroom and I followed him. My eyes went to the bed and I remembered our "Bed-Fight" as if it happened years ago instead of just hours.

Luke and I had not said a word to each other since the hug; our shock filled the silence.

"You can have the bed. It's the least I can do." I curtly said, grabbing a blanket and setting it on the floor.

Luke didn't respond and just sat on the bed. He rubbed the back of his neck and put the ice pack on his eye again, quietly cursing at the pain.

Guilt filled me. I should have stood up for myself with that man, not let Luke do my dirty work.

He turned off the light, and I could hear the bed shift under his weight as he lay down.

The events hit me at that moment, and I suddenly began sobbing, not even knowing why. Nothing major happened, but I couldn't keep in the tears anymore.

I guess it has to do with my hormones.

Stupid hormones.

Luke must have heard, even though I tried really hard to keep quiet, since he switched on the light.

"Come over here." He patted the seat next to him.

I obediently went, too afraid to stay by myself on the floor.

We lay next to each other on the Queen-Sized bed, inches separated us. Neither of us spoke, just stared at the ceiling as if it was the most fascinating thing in the world.

"I'm sorry." I blurted, sniffing and wiping my tears.

"Eh, a bruised eye won't ruin my amazing good looks. Nothing can ruin it." He sarcastically joked, making me laugh for the first time all day.

"Such a diva." I poked him playfully in the ribs, and a small smile grew on his face.

He turned off the lights, and rolled onto his side, his face facing my body. "Goodnight, Tori,"

"'Night."

For that night, we forgot about our hatred for one another and all those disagreements.

For that night, we were both at peace.

**
Voilaaa xo enjoyyy my beautiful unicorns<3