Chapter 19

Chapter 19

"Okay, Laura, just breathe." Jasmine hummed as I slowly rubbed circles around Laura's back.

I had just arrived at the hotel in England 30 minutes ago, and now I stood in the bathroom with two pregnancy tests. What happened in New York still kept me in a daze, and all I could think about was Luke...

Oh, his smile, his kiss, his hugs...

Snap out of it, Tori!

Putting my focus back on Laura, I began comforting her. "Just two more minutes, and we will see if you're pregnant or not. I doubt you are! I mean if you are that will be pretty bad..."

This just made Laura cry even more for some reason so I stopped talking and Jasmine shot me daggers. "What if Jai breaks up with me?"

"Oh honey, he won't break up with you." Jasmine cooed, occasionally staring at the pregnancy tests that were occupying the bathroom sink.

As if on cue, the alarm went out, notifying us that it was time to see the results.

"I think I may vomit." Laura choked out, gazing at the tests. Her usual, cheery smile was replaced with puffy eyes and a frown. It broke my heart to see her like this.

A knock was heard and simultaneously we turned around.

"Girls?" Jai's voice was heard on the other end. "We're leaving for dinner in half an hour. Is everything okay?"

Jasmine clamped her hand over Laura's mouth so Jai wouldn't hear her cries, leaving me to find an excuse.

"Um, yeah Jai, everything is good here." I shakily laughed, unsure what else to say. "Just doing girly stuff, like make-up?"

It sounded more as a question than a statement and Jasmine rolled her eyes at my acting skills.

"Shut up!" I mouthed at her.

"Alright then, just be ready soon." Jai announced, and we held our breaths until his footsteps disappeared.

Jasmine released her hand, giving a sigh of relief. "Do you want to check the tests?"

Laura shook her head. "I don't want to go near it. You guys do it."

Not wanting to touch those pregnancy sticks, Jasmine got stuck doing the job. I walked over to Laura and sat next to her, rubbing her shoulders.

Jasmine picked up the test, squinting her eyes to see the result. Her expression went from neutral to shocked, her eyes widening slightly. She checked the second one(we bought two just to be sure) and once again, her shocked face was still apparent.

"I'm pregnant, aren't I?" Laura shakily asked, crying even more.

Jasmine began laughing. Now it was my time to shoot her daggers. "Not the right moment for humor, Jazzy!"

"They came out negative." Jasmine laughed more and my heart lifted. She then dumped the sticks into the garbage can, "Luck actually likes us now!"

Laura's face lifted and she jumped up, hugging Jasmine tightly. I joined the hug-a bit too suddenly and violently- so we all tumbled onto the floor, but we were too happy to care.

Jasmine and Laura were laughing at something Jazzy said and I just laughed along with them, happy to have such amazing best friends.

"Cheers!" I yelled gleefully, and we all giggled.

Suddenly, the bathroom door was knocked open, and in came Jai, Beau and Luke with concerned expressions.

At the look on their faces, we cracked up even more.