38

Roger's P.O.V

The sun shined through the curtains, nearly blinding me. I sat up causing my unbearable headache to really take its toll on me. I looked to the side of me where my eyes fell upon a sleeping girl. It was her turn to sleep in the bed last night so I had no idea how I ended up laying next to her. In fact, I had no idea what happened at all last night, which made me nervous. A wave of nausea swept over me and I immediately ran to the bathroom where I vomited in the toilet.

As everything from last night was making its way out of me, I felt someone come up behind me and pull my hair back, who I assumed was Grace. My body was sweating and I had a horrible stomach ache, accompanied by a terrible headache.

"You're okay, Rog. Just let it out." She soothed. Once I was finally stable enough to walk, Grace helped me back to bed and handed me two aspirins and a glass of water.

"You have a show tonight and there's no way I'm letting Freddie see you like this. Get some rest." Grace smiled. "Wait... w-what happened last night? Did I do anything stupid? Please tell me I didn't do anything stupid."

"No... you didn't do anything stupid." Grace bit her lip and turned away. "Grace." I groaned.

"Fine! You kept going on and on about how much you loved me and then you stood up on a table in front of everyone saying you'd stop drinking because you love me and then as I was helping you to bed you got hard and were super horny." Grace cringed.

"Yikes." I breathed out.

"But don't worry about it, I was quite flattered, really." Grace laughed. There was a long silence between the two of us. Grace kept looking at the bedside table and then back at me.

"Why do you still wear the ring I gave you?" I asked suddenly. I could see how uncomfortable Grace had become. She walked around to the other side of the bed and laid next to me.

"... it's nice to remember the good memories. Maybe even thinking about the future..." I froze when I heard the last sentence. "What's that supposed to mean?"

"It's sucked. What we have between us now, sucks. When I saw you kissing that girl, it sucked. I felt like everything I ever wanted had been taken away from me. And I've had chance after chance to get you back but I've just pushed you away. I don't want to do that anymore..."

I couldn't believe what was coming out of her mouth. Part of me wanted to jump up and down, another part wanted to hold Grace and kiss her like I've been longing to do for an immense amount of time.

"... I want us to be friends again. Like when we first met, but without hitting you in the face with a door." Grace laughed.

My heart sank. I faked a laugh and nodded my head.

"Yeah... friends."

_______

Grace's P.O.V

We were all getting ready to head out for another one of Queen's shows. I was in Freddie and Mary's hotel room getting ready. I would've loved to get ready in my own room but roger was being a real arse after he woke up from his long nap. He hadn't quite recovered from his hangover but he was in high spirits... except when he was around me. It bugged the hell out of me because just this morning we had- or I had told him that I wanted things to go back to the way they were and that I missed our friendship. Nevertheless, I wasn't going to let it get the best of me so I brushed his snarky comments and slight scowls off and went on about my day.

Right now, Freddie was putting makeup on me and smirking at how well he had done. "Grace, you look like a fucking badass! You're welcome." He said with his posh accent. I looked into the mirror and smiled at my well done makeup."Thanks, Freddie."

Mary joined Freddie and I and handed us a cup of tea. We thanked her and she sat down.

"So how's sharing a room with Roger?" Mary asked. I knew everyone wanted to know about how Roger and I managed to be within sight of each other and not go insane. Truth is though, things were going fine all the way up until today.

"If you must know, things were going perfect all the way up until when he woke up from our drunken night out." I rolled my eyes.

Freddie cocked an eyebrow and smirked. "What happened?"

I shrugged my shoulders. "That's the thing! I don't know what the hell happened. Roger and I went out last night to try and work things out between us. He got pissed. Drunk out of his mind, and it was hard seeing him do that to himself. He kept going on and on about how much he loved me and climbed on to a table... it was fucking insane."

Mary and Freddie nodded, telling me to go on. "... and in the morning after I had to take care of his ass, we began talking and I told him how I felt and that I wanted us to be friends again. After that he fell asleep and woke up and was an absolute assh-"

"Now I see where you fucked up miserably!" Freddie laughed. I rolled my eyes at the singer and continued drinking my tea.

"Grace, dear, Roger may have been drunk last night, but he meant what he said about being in love with you. Because he is. And he wants to be with so badly, he began drinking heavily again. And may I remind you, he only stopped drinking heavily in the first place because he met you. You and I both know before that he was all over the place." Freddie said being serious.

"And being your stubborn self, you won't give him another chance. Even though we all know you love Roger just as much as he loves you but you're too scared." Mary joined in the conversation.

As much as I hated to admit it, they were right. I was scared to get hurt again. But I was also scared of commitment. To be Roger's wife. After seeing that engagement ring, I completely washed all my thoughts away of getting back together with Roger. We were so young and it's just not practical.

"You're right..." I began. "But I forgot to mention that I saw the engagement ring Roger had hidden away in the bedside table." I bit my lip.

Freddie rolled his eyes, "WELL WHO THE HELL PUTS AN ENGAGEMENT RING IN A BEDSIDE TABLE AND JUST EXPECTS NO ONE TO FIND IT?!"

"Roger Meddows Taylor, that's who." Mary laughed.

"Look Grace, you just have to talk to Roger. And better yet, give him another chance. Because he really does love and care about you."

"I know he does."