12

Grace's P.O.V

The next day I awoke to the sound of an annoying alarm clock and the faint sound of the rain outside. I knew I had to get up, but I couldn't help staying in  my warm bed and think about last nights events. A small smile had appeared on my face just thinking about Roger, and our kiss. I wanted to kiss his lips again more than anything but I knew I still had to get ready for work and there wasn't time to act like a fool.

I managed to drag myself out of bed and put on some clothes for today. Winter was approaching and it was already dreadfully cold out. I found the warmest coat I had and put it on.

Once I finished getting ready, I walked out to my car and fumbled trying to get the keys out of my pocket and unlocked the door. Right before I got in, I felt someone wrap their arms around my waist and pull me close. I tensed up but soon I heard a familiar and heart warming voice in my ear.

"Hi." Roger said smiling.

"Hello." I said turning around to face Roger.

Roger leaned in close and slowly made contact with my lips. As our kiss progressed and soon it turned into a full blown make out session. I was enjoying it, of course, but I had places to be. I pulled away and looked at my watch.

"Y'know... I was enjoying that." Roger pouted.

"I have to go to work soon or else I'll be late. And you should probably go inside, it's raining and it's bloody cold out here. But I enjoyed it too. I'll see you later." I got into the car and shut the door.

Roger frowned and bent down and tapped on the window. I rolled it down and smirked.

"Can I help you?" I asked.

"Will you be free tonight? I'd love to take you out on a date." Roger smiled.

I blushed and nodded giving Roger one last kiss then finally leaving.

Once I had arrived at the studio I was in a great mood. Everything I've wanted was falling into place and I was extremely happy.

I walked in and sat down by another girl here. Her name was Maggie. I talked to her very little but she was still nice.

Before I could say anything to her I felt someone tap on my shoulder. I turned around and at that moment, my stomach began to ache and I felt extremely uncomfortable. There he was. The guy that gave me cocaine and left me in the worst state possible. I was furious. His name made my blood boil.

"H-hi, James." I said through gritted teeth.

"Hi-um- can we talk?" James asked with guilt in his eyes.

I didn't want to say a word to him. I wanted to run away and be with my real friends and stay far away from James. But I knew I wasn't going to get out of this. I nodded and stood up, following James outside of the studio. He closed the door behind him and stared at me.

I looked at the floor with my arms crossed as I became even more uncomfortable with this situation.

James came closer and put his arms on my shoulders. He became closer and closer. Soon our noses were touching and he attempted to kiss me right before I pulled away in utter shock.

"What the hell was that?! You think you can kiss me after last night?! You're a bloody moron! Get away from me! You-you nasty pig!" I said with a stern voice. I wasn't going to let a man treat me like garbage and then expect me to forgive them.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean for all that to happen." James said making no eye contact.

"Well you better be sorry! And then trying to kiss me? What the fuck were you thinking?!"

"I really like you, Grace." James said coming closer. I backed away and crossed my arms.

"Well that's very unfortunate for you isn't it?" I said with an attitude.

"Please, just give me a chance." James pleaded.

"Hell no! And I'm going to make this clear..." I said stepping closer and grabbing James's shirt with my fist.

"I'm seeing someone. And you're not gonna get in the way of that. I'm here to do what I love. So you can go fuck off and find someone else who's gonna put up with your shit cause I'm not." I let go of James and walked back inside the studio and began listening to the instructor, praying to god I wouldn't have to deal with James again.

Once work had ended, I went back to my flat and started getting ready for my date with Roger. It was still really hard to process that I was going on a date with Roger. It seemed so surreal.

I looked through my closet then stopped realizing Roger hadn't even told me what we were doing. He didn't even tell me what time to be ready. I laughed and walked over to the phone.

I dialed his number and waited for him to pick up.

"Hello?" I heard Roger say on the other line.

"Hey! You didn't tell me when to be ready or what we're doing." I said laughing.

"Oh yeah. That's probably important. Well... I don't know actually."

"Roger. Meddows. Taylor." I said shaking my head.

"Oooh! How about we go ice skating! The rink is open! Do you wanna do that?" Roger asked sounding excited.

"Sure. What time are we leaving?"

"Um... how about six?"

"Okay. I'll see you then. Bye!"

"Bye!"

I hung up the phone and put on some appropriate clothes and then began panicking. I didn't know how to ice skate! This was already turning into a disaster.