Chapter Twenty-Three

Guys go like the Facebook page. Link is on the sidebar --> 

Chapter Twenty-Three: Un-freaking-edited

The day was inching closer and closer. The day we impede on the Hunter's nasty plans and infiltrate their headquarters. Cooper has instructed each and every wolf who had volunteered to fight to follow me back to the Argent Kingdom. Many were reluctant to step a foot onto enemy ground but after coaxing them many entered past the impressive walls. The walls were built to keep their people safely in and troubles safely out. This forthcoming battle was not something even the massive stony walls could withstand. 

As promised, Hero herself had sweet talked some of the best Argent pack members to join league beside the Black Blood wolves. It was a tough training day as many of us were clumsy in our human forms. It didn't take long before every single one of us was acting like one fighting unit. I was proud of those who joined arms with me, and respected the decisions of those who'd rather sit behind the comforts of the wall. 

I wasn't trusted and I could respect that. I was never trusted so it was a feeling I had gotten used to pretty easily. Cooper suggested that I made a small speech in front of all of them combined. He urged me to make them see each other as one. I didn't believe that any amount of words would make them less begrudging but I was worth a shot. 

"I would like to personally thank you all for taking your time to particpate in human training. I would alo like to announce my gratitude and appreciate towards your bravery. You are taking time away from your family and risking your skin to help me save my love," I started slow and eyed each and every member in the crowd. There was both young and old scattered in the mix. The rough and tough all the way down to those innocent souls. "I know you guys don't trust me because if I were you, I wouldn't either. I can tell you with confidence although my father meddled with magic to create a hybrid, I feel just the same as you do. My wolf is still one of the same. Neither do I have any dark intentions nor a hidden agenda, but I am warning you that you are hanging your life on the line. I am not forcing you to stay,"

"In fact, I'd rather have all of you in the safe confines of your home but without backup I wouldn't return. What would a pack be without both of its leaders? Again, this is an issue for many of you. For the Argents, you don't trust me for having been mated to the Black Blood heir. For the Black Blood pack, you have mistrust in my Argent blood. But take a look around yourselves," I pleaded with the crowd who was dead silent. Slowly heads began to turn and all the wolves were taking notice of one another regardless of pack or rank. 

"You're all here for the same reason, you're all together, You're all wolves regardless of pack and rank. Stop regarding each other as anything different. All the bad blood is in the past. Can't you guys see we are one?" I was breathless by the end. Many of the wolves were beginning to nod in agreement. Hero came behind me and wrapped an arm around my shoulders. 

"You're a wonderful Luna," Her smile beamed forth. I felt a little prick of warmth in my heart. Despite her motives during my early years, and her crazy habits, I felt happy knowing my biological mother was proud of me. She didn't really know me and I didn't know her but she still was proud of who I was becoming. 

"Thank you," I spoke softly. 

"You're everything I could only have dreamed of as a Queen," Her voice was quiet but quickly rose. "Long live Queen Cora!" 

It only took one voice to start the chant but slowly hundreds of voices melded into one single melody. I smiled greatly, feeling proud that I could help wolves get over some petty disagreement that happened in past generations. Times have changed and it was time to start living in today. After all, today could very well be the last.