Chapter Twelve

Chapter Twelve - Unedited

Raphael beckoned me to scoot closer to his muscular body.  I contemplated moving before giving in and snuggling closer to him. I felt his strong arm wrap around my body, pulling me even closer. The bed groaned silently under the shifting weight.

Security enveloped me in a deep haze; I felt completely and utterly safe when Raphael's arms encircled me. I lost all thoughts of Hunters and my angry parents and just focused on the now.

Raphael's breathing eased to a relaxed intake and exhale. I contently sighed against him, further burying my face into his chest. The silence around us was of tranquil comfort.

"Mine," Raphael's worn lips pecked my forehead. Removing my face from the lush fabric of his shirt, I peeked up at him. His blue eyes were like swirling oceans around a dark continental land. Unlike most of the time, there wasn't a storm lurking over the ocean. The waters were at peace.

"How did an orphan like me get Fated to someone like you?" I said a little to mindlessly.

I felt Raphael's muscles clench, especially the ones in the arm wrapped posessively around me,"You're perfect for me."

"It's because I'm really an Argent isn't it? Power bound to power. Fated to bring two quarreling packs together as one," I looked up at his regally defined features. His eyes were now closed as an exasperated sigh escaped from his pink lips.

Doesn't matter what Fate thinks, he will love us for us regardless. My wolf pressed. She was always so against any doubtful or questioning thoughts that flitted through my mind. She was also attached to his wolf beyond anything else. The only person she truly cared for was him.

I wanted to follow suit but my humanity wouldn't let me.

Raphael's silence led me to believe he had lost himself in thought or was in contact with a fellow pack member.

Abruptly, Raphael shot from the bed to standing firmly on his toes. I was extremely shaken from the sudden movements. 

"What's wrong?" I boldly asked. He faced with me a stern expression against his features. The tight line of his lips twitched and his eye brows were furrowed.

"Someone else has been killed," Memories flooded in from when the first murder happened. Raphael forced me into his personal home. We shared tension and a kiss. Our feelings were evident in the air enough to distract me from the killing. This time though, I wanted to know who had been killed and why.

"Who?" I sat upright, reaching out towards him. His rigid posture displayed his twisted nerves.

"Delta's son," Ian.

Ellie must have been devastated. Was she alright? Several questions raced through my head at a thousand miles per hour.

"Is Ellie alright?" I didn't care about anything else until I knew for certain.

"She's okay, traumatized but fine," Raphael started to make his way to the door. Anger bubbled inside me. He was walking away without a second glance. I could help it! I was future Luna after all didn't I deserve to be let in on matters such as this!

"Let me come with you," I stood up fro the bed. With clenched fists, I tried to put some kind of authorative command into my voice. 

"I need to keep you safe, putting you in the middle of a battle field isn't going to do that," Raphael said with all seriousness lacing his tone.

"I can protect myself," I said, protecting my dignity. I was a lot of things but a weak damsel in distress was not one of them.

"We're not having this conversation. Algernon has yet to wake up, leaving me to deal with Alpha duties," Raphael opened the door and slammed it behind him all in one motion.