(35) A Talk About Sight

A discussion about love between male and female. I play female and male dialogue is imagined.

"I think that you've got it all wrong. I don't want to date, but then I do want to date. It's because I can't date anyone with whom I am not friends with. Look, I can't think of anyone romantically much less sexually if I'm not friends with them first."

"That sounds like a pain in the ass though, like wouldn't you want to meet somehow and say hey that's the guy I want?"

"I don't know, that's just the way I am. I think it's okay, I mean, I'm not harming anyone."

"Yeah but, like take me, I believe in love at first sight. Say for example I saw you and I thought you were the love of my life, and I said that to you, how would you feel?"

"That's pretty illogical to be honest. It doesn't make sense to love at first sight. It's called sight because you're looking with your eyes not with your heart

If I can be frank with you dear male friend of mine, you cannot see a person and love them immediately. You can be attracted to them sure but it is not love. Do you know how I know?

Because the day I was born, that was the day my father told my mother for the first time that he loved her. It wasn't at the wedding or the first time they shared a bed.

And after my father was deported to his home land, my mother she told me that she loved him from that day on.

It isn't about loving in sight,
How I appear
How I walk
How I dress
And from there you anticipate, you imagine
Wow she must be so great, I'd like someone like her, she's my ideal type, she's love, the love of my life

But that's wrong.

You wait for her, and she's walking towards you and you hold all your standards in the cup of your hands, she might completely shatter your imagine of her

Because you became in love with what you saw from your eyes, not your heart.

Does that make sense? You need to spend time with a person first before you call it love. Hormones help out with love you know, and we are still young. I think they have been manipulating your thoughts."

"I still believe in first love, the day I met you, you said that love was gradual. But the moment you spoke, I only heard sweet music and it was instant. I loved you since then."

"..."

"I love you, S."

"I don't know if I love you, P."

"That's fine, love is a gradual thing you said. As long as you think that, it will. But I'll be here, trying to speed it up for you."

The girl smiles at the boy, and felt her heart swell, maybe love didn't have a maturing time, maybe it could happen in one instant.

It wasn't at first sight, it was just at its own time.