Chapter 1

Breath Away
Chapter 1

As the light creeped in through the window blinds, Kate could not help but to open her eyes. When she did she realized where she was. Rick's loft. So it wasn't a dream.

Rick was asleep next to her with an arm around her. At first she was unsure as to what Rick would do when he woke up but she laid back down on his chest and placed her head in the crock of his neck.

Rick's eyes started to flutter open. When he opened his eyes he only saw Kate. He loved her so much and he wanted her to know that. He sat up and Kate sat up with him. He cupped her face and kissed her gently. His lips were so soft on hers, like satin.

She did not want this moment to end.

"Richard I'm home!" Martha said from the front door.

Rick was frantic trying to fix the bed and put on clothes while Kate was confused and still sitting on the bed naked. He threw Kate his robe and she quickly put it on before Martha walked in.

"Richard we are in the kitchen.. Oh Katherine how nice to see you. Here. In my son's robe." Martha said cheekily.

"I um... I spent the night." Kate admitted blushing. Rick looked at her and smiled.

"Mother please get out. We are trying to get dressed. We just woke up." Rick pleaded.

Martha smiled and said "We will be in the kitchen when you two are... dressed."

"Wait we? Alexis is here too?" Rick asked nervously. Martha nodded before closing the door.

Kate flopped down onto the bed. Rick was frustrated. Kate and he just got together last night. How was he supposed to explain this to his only daughter? Last night wasn't from depression or frustration it was the two of them coming together and realizing that they were meant to be together.

"What do we say?" Kate asked.

"I don't know. I could go in first or we could go in together." Rick suggested.

"No Rick we are going in together. I don't want to put this off. We wasted 4 years putting things off. I want to be with you Rick and I want other people to know." Kate said taking Rick's hand.

They smiled and walked in together.