Tentative Strangers

Park Jimin

   I let Jungkook stay over at my place last night and it was surprisingly pleasant. I'm not really a talkative guy but something about Jungkook just made me want to keep talking. He seemed really nervous and upset about what happened and I wanted to make him feel better.
   After a while he finally relaxed and started talking. I learned he was a couple years younger than me and moved to school last year. I found out he has no friends which is shocking to know I have more than he does. I decided then and there that I would include him into my small group of friends so he wouldn't be so alone.
   He walked with me to school but went our separate ways to our respective class schedules. I made him promise to find me after school so he could meet Namjoon and Hobi properly. I knew they'd like him right away. He is a lot like me after all...
   Speaking of the gang, I watched as Namjoon and Hobi got out of Jin's car. They walked up to me where I wait in front of the school and Namjoon throws his arm around my shoulders.
    "Sorry we're late. Jin wanted breakfast." He explains
   Jin scoffs making Hobi laugh. "That is not what happened! Joonie here lost his uniform and we spent all morning looking for it!" Jin huffed but his eyes danced in amusement.
     I laugh because that sounds so accurate. Namjoon either loses or destroys everything though he denies it.
     "Can we just go to class." He pouts in irritation.
     "Oh yeah, I have a new friend I want you guys to meet." I say as we enter the building.
    Hobi smiles "Is it that Jungkook guy?
     I nod.
   "Who is Jungkook?" Namjoon asks.
    "This guy me and Hobi met yesterday. He's pretty cool but doesn't have a lot of friends so I wanted to introduce you."
    He nods and glances at Jin who just smiles. "Sounds great and I can invite him to my party tonight!" Jin says excitedly.
   We agree to meet later and go to class. Once again math bores me to tears but this time when I look outside, I don't watch Namjoon and Hobi play soccer. I find myself searching for Jungkook. After a few minutes of searching I spot him sitting in the shade under the trees at the end of the court.
     He is busy drawing or writing in a notebook from what I can tell in his own little world. He's kind of cute as he frowns and bites his lip repeatedly. Every now and then, He'll glance up and watch the other students but he never makes eye contact with anyone.
     After their game, I watch as Hobi walks up to Jungkook and starts talking to him. Jungkook smiles and they converse. I smile and turn back to my assignment, happy to have a new friend.

Jeon Jungkook

    Jimin woke me up this morning and let me borrow some clothes for school. I can't believe how lucky I am to have met such a nice guy. He talked a lot but I think that's only because he could sense how uncomfortable I was at first.
    I learned he is a little over a year older than me and is best friends with Namjoon and Hobi. He is so smart, too, as I learned his schedule is really tough which explains why we never cross paths. I'm in much more basic classes. I can't help but feel intimidated as I listen to Jimin tell me about himself.
    He looks right standing with the other popular guys in the school. He belongs in the center of the group and yet he lingers on the sidelines for some reason. He doesn't see himself as handsome or outgoing like the others but I disagree.
    As gym class comes to an end, I see Hobi walk up my way under the shade. I quickly put my drawings away not wanting him to see I was drawing Jimin. Embarrassing.
    "Hey, Jungkook! Do you want to have lunch with us later? Namjoon, Jimin, and our friend Jin will be there. You're welcome." He smiles so brightly I think it might block out the sun.
     "Uh, sure. Thanks." I hesitantly smile back. He helps me gather my things as I stand up.