Everyone lines up in their order before we start our matches. All of this usually takes a couple hours. I wait patiently for my turn. 

Pretty sure it's nothing to do with luck, but my oppoonent is Amber. When I find that out, I look up and make eye contact at her. She winks at me cockily as she gives me a wave. 

 She knew.

I grit my teeth and wait for our turn. My feet cannot keep still so I decide to walk around. My fists itch in eagerness for the match and I can't hold it in. Perhaps it's the time I've spent here or not, but I have been craving matches more. Excitement and anticipation fills my bones as I bounce on the tips of my toes. 

I smile as I face Amber. I really look at her and measure her fighting level. I have seen her practice  for the past months, and I have to admit that she's very skilled. While I am trained in mixed martial arts and have strengths in Krav Maga and Muay Thai, she's trained in other, if not more, martial arts. Her strengths lie in Eskrima and Silat, both of which have a lightning quick attack style designed to close in on the opponent, beat the hell out of them, and then finish the opponent with a death/knockout blow. Her strengths and mine are both deadly so  I don't know if I can beat her, but I will try my best. 

"You don't know how long I have been waiting for this." I say, a smirk follows naturally. 

We begin our match. We circle each other, bouncing on the balls of our feet as we look at each other. 

She goes first, aiming for my face with a right hook. I block it and duck as she immediately follows with a left hook. I step backwards as she suddenly aims a front kick for chin and a left roundhouse kick once she misses. I feel the cold wind from her kicks cut at my face and I'm thankful for my quick reactions. Her lightning quick moves are still followable. 

I back away from her and step towards the center of the ring so I don't get cornered. She sweeps her leg at my ankles and I jump backwards in time. I almost fail to block her spinning kick which comes after. I wince at the sting in my arms and hope she doesn't aim another move as I stumble a little. She sees the small stumble and uses it to her advantage. Leaping up in the air, she aims a right hook. Again, I almost fail to block it and stumble once more. This time I recover faster than we both expect. 

I close the gap between us and aim a right hook, left hook, upper cut, right sweep towards her ankles, and jumping spinning crescent kick. Not that surprised, I watch as she blocks all of my moves. My legs are stronger than my arms so I know she'll be knocked back a little after my kick. Thus, I do a strong roundhouse midsection kick , targeting her rib cages. 

I try not to relish in the satisfaction when my kick lands solidly on her rib cages. I think I might have cracked a couple of her ribs. She winces as she instinctively grasps her ribs in pain. 

Bad move. 

I do a downward jumping elbow and almost land it cleanly, which would have dealt a lot of damage. Unfortunately, she barely manages to block it and rolls away quickly before I can land another kick at her. She still took a lot of that hit so she remains a little off kilter. 

I would have continued, except something catches my eyes. Usually I am very focused, but I don't know why I looked up in the middle of the match. I blink twice in surprise because I don't believe who I am seeing. 

"Daydreaming?" Amber says before trying to land another blow at me. I block it but now my mind is on the person I saw. I try not to think too much about it but my focus is now broken.

I glance away once more and don't see him anymore. Maybe it was just my imagination or a trick of the light. 

I focus on the match instead. Amber tends to favor her punching over kicking, the exact opposite of me. I block another elbow strike from her and duck with her immediate hook. She tends to favor using hooks. 

We circle one another one more time as we measure each other. Both of us are grinning, or sneering, as we narrow our eyes at each other. 

As we continue to fight, I glance once in a while. 

Then, I see him.

What the hell is Luca doing here?

And that's when I feel a punch connect with my face. 

Fuck. That really hurts. Black spots dot my vision from the blow. I try to clear my vision so that I can continue fighting but it takes too long. I get hit in the ribs, cracking them not too gently. She aims another two punches at my face. I block one but the second one hits. 

Then, everything goes black.

And no, I don't mean I knock the fuck out. 

I mean, the lights all turn off. Everything is black.

_____

A/N

SHOW TIME. I CAN'T WAIT TO REVEAL WHAT'S GOING TO HAPPEN :) 

thanks for waiting!

I'm interning abroad currently. I work M-F from 8-6 and bus takes 1 hour so I barely have time weekdays. I'll try to continue to update once every two weeks or so!

Comment/Opinons

Vote if you liked!

Thank you < 3