Chapter 16

Sorry 'bout being gone for a while! Here's the chapter!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I opened my eyes slowly. As I did, lights blinded my eyes, causing me to close them quickly. After a few moments, I opened them again.

I was lying on my bed in my room, back in the castle. Sky sat at my feet with Vivvi and Kat. They didn’t know I was awake yet. Kat seemed to be crying.

“How do we fix this?”

“I don’t know.”

“How long is he gonna be like that?”

“I don’t know.”

They spoke in soft whispers since I was ‘asleep’. Kat’s eyes wandered over to me, and stopped when she saw I was awake. “He’s up.” She whispered. Sky and Vivvi looked at me with sad smiles. “Hey Felix. How are you feeling?” Sky asked. “I… I don’t know.” I muttered, my voice coarse.

It became apparent to me that I was having trouble breathing. So I did the most logical thing and took a deep breath. That only made my throat feel as if it were on fire. Something at my neck felt as if it were flexing, and more air poured into my lungs. This only further agitated my throat.

I struggled, trying to gasp for air. My hands gripped at the edge of my bed. Sky’s eyes widened. “Oh my god, we have to get him out of here!” he shouted, picking me up.

He ran with me into the bathtub, Vivvi and Kat close behind. He put me down and turned on the water. Then, he held my neck, forcing my head into the water. I struggled, confused and scared. “Just breathe!” he screamed. This made no sense to me. How can anyone breathe underwater?!

Running low on oxygen, I accidently took a breath in. Somehow, this relieved the burning. I took in a few more. Then, whatever was on my neck let in the water.

When I resurfaced, they all stared at me. “Wha… what just happened?” I asked, fear in my eyes. They didn’t say anything. Sky looked at his feet awkwardly.

I looked past them at the mirror. In it, I saw a boy with dark blue hair and blue eyes. He had gills at the side of his neck, flexing with every breath he took. He blinked when I blinked, moved when I moved.

This can’t be me.

I have blonde hair! Light blue eyes! I don’t have gills! I breath air, with my lungs! There’s no way this is possible.

I found myself thinking back to the squid base. They said they would turn me into a squid.

And so they did.

I screamed uncontrollably. Then, I held my head in my hands as I sobbed. I’m a freak. Worse! I’m a squid!

Sky put his hand on my head. “Hey. Listen to me.” I looked up. “We’ll figure out a way to fix this, alright? Everything will be fine.” He murmured, smiling softly. “Wh-What if y-you can’t? What if I’m s-st-stuck like this?” I stuttered between gasps. His hand moved to my shoulder, careful to avoid my new gills. “Of course we can. We can do anything.” He whispered. This got a small smile from me.

“So… how do I walk around? How can I move around the castle?” I asked quietly. “I should be able to cast a spell for that. I mean, you’ll still have to refresh every once in a while, but at least it’s something.” Kat shrugged.

With that being our best option, Kat cast the spell. I got out of the tub, stepping gingerly on the cool floor. I slipped, and something terrifying happened.

My hands were held in front of me, ready to hit the floor.

But I didn’t.

Instead, something was holding me. Confused, I turned my head to see tentacles wrapped around the shower curtain in front of the bathtub. It took me a second to realize:

Those are my tentacles. I screamed, and the tentacles immediately let go, dropping my on the floor. Sky’s eyes were wide with pure terror. After the fear subsided, Sky helped me up. “You look like Slenderman.” He commented with a chuckle. I laughed at him. Then I sighed. This will take some getting used to…

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

{A/N} Heh heh...

So... Felix is a squid now... *backs away slowly*

Welp, hope you all enjoyed! :D

~CakeEater4