Chapter 12-Revelation

Sanaya's P.O.V:

The feeling that I'd messed with something I shouldn't have finally set in as the temperature in the room kept dropping enough to freeze.

Lancelin's back was still turned to me, and although I couldn't see his face, I had a feeling it wasn't going to be anything good. The women all around the room seemed to be frozen in place enthralled as they kept staring at his face, their eyes wide and mouth wide open as they looked at Lancelin. And then suddenly, their eyes changed, becoming void of any emotion.

Then I heard Lancelin speak, in a voice I've never heard before. A voice so cold it made me shiver all over again.

"Leave this room and forget you came here today. You will come again when called, if and when I need you."

And then, as if in a trance all fifteen of them walked out in perfect synchronization, their eyes dull like they weren't even human but robots on autopilot. One by one, they all left the room, not even one of them breaking order. It was when the last of them had walked out of the waiting area and into the elevator that Lancelin finally turned to face me. I gasped; my heart about to beat out of my chest.

Lancelin's signature golden eyes were now a deep, dark red. No pupils, no iris. When he spoke this time, it was harsher, colder and more menacing than when he'd spoken to those women.

"What do you think you were doing, Sanaya?"

His voice...I've never heard anyone sound like that...it couldn't possibly be human.

I scrambled back from my desk, but I'd forgotten that my chair was right behind me. I ended up in tripping and seated on the chair with the wall behind me and the desk to one side as Lancelin came up from the other. My heart felt like a merciless tattoo on my chest as I suppressed a scream. Lancelin's eyes, the way the temperature in the room kept dropping...this wasn't possible! How could he do all that?

"Y-yo-u n-not h-hum-an!" I managed to squeak out, perspiration breaking out on my forehead even though my breath clouded in front of my face.

"Damn right I'm not!" Lancelin was so close...getting closer by the second as he took slow measured steps towards me...and I felt like my heart was about to give out.

I let out a scream just as Lancelin came to stand in front of me, my knees brushing his legs...and the elevator doors opened behind him.

"Lance!"

A sudden sense of relief hit my chest at Acelin's voice before it was violently crushed by his next words.

"We do not hurt the innocent, Lance."

We. Acelin had said we, as in he too wasn't human. As if he too was like this monster standing in front of me.

And then...Mary walked out of the elevator before it closed and came to stand behind Acelin.

A moment of stunned calm descended over me as I looked between the two brothers and then turned to Mary; the overdose of shock causing me to go momentarily numb. Lancelin was turned away from me, facing Acelin and Mary stood timidly behind Ace, looking at the ground with her shoulders rigid.

I watched as Ace and Lance talked to each other, making sharp gestures. But I couldn't hear anything; even though I saw their lips move. And just as suddenly, I saw black dots appear in my vision, until that darkness swallowed everything.

****

I opened my eyes with a start.

The ceiling was higher than that in my room or Mary's and the bed was humongous. The comforters were pure black silk and the room was huge and devoid of any furnishing except for the bed, a bedside table and a wardrobe. The room didn't have any windows and even the color was dark and gloomy of a deep steel gray.