Get up loser, its my turn to nap. {20}

NOTE: Not Edited

BLAKE
Pitch black surrounded my vision, the only thing I could see was Aubree in the distance getting put inside that damn cop car at our high school.
"Aubree!" I yelled out her name, "Aubree!" Yet again I called out her name to find no response, she didn't even acknowledge my calls. Until her face slowly shifted upwards towards me, her hair was greasy looking, which is unusual for Aubree; her hair is always silky smooth.
Her piercing blue eyes caught a hold of mine, only her eyes were no longer blue, they were a pale white. No color what-so-ever. I could hear myself gulp at the sight of her, she looked like a- a zombie. She started to maneuver her way out of the car, wiggling and pulling at the handcuffs on her hands. When her feet made it to the ground, she made eye contact with me again, as a small smirk arose on her face.
I couldn't believe my eyes, she was heading straight for me. Running crazily up the school steps, my body turned to make a get away, but my feet was stuck to the pavement as though if I had been cemented there on purpose. As she got closer my heart started to beat faster, my hands became sweatier, and all my mind could do was make a really annoying high pitched sqeal. Her hands lunged out just inches from my nose, I closed my eyes tight. Hoping she would go away.
A cold tingly sensation ran throughout my body at that exact moment, at first it was soothing, but after about 30 seconds I felt cold and wet. What. The. Fuck.

MATT
"Hey Matt, could you do us all a favor and grab us some firewood?" Logan asked as he started on our shelter. I rolled my eyes annoyed but agreed to help out anyways.
Grabbing the sharpest thing I could find, which was literally a stick. I made my way out, off the island and towards the forest to find small logs and twigs. If someone- If something attacked me out of the blue I'd probably be screwed.

Rolling up my pant legs, I started walking across the running waters of the river and to the other side.
What is this stick really going to do for me? I questioned myself as I held it high in the air. Examining all its details.
Probably nothing.
I tossed the stick to the side, then looked back down at it. Instantly regretting my choice, I picked the stick back up. Not for protection, but for the fire later on obviously.
Shaking off my cold wet feet, I rolled my pant legs back down over my legs.

*Crunch*

My right hand that held my not so trustworthy stick stuck out into the air where that crunching sound came from. The noise kind of mimicked the sound of crunch leaves under a foot. But only one crunch? The creature or thing was probably laughing at me for my weapon of choice. I coughed awkwardly as I dropped my hand down to my hip,
"Hello? I'm not here to hurt you, I'm only grabbing fire wood." I stated as I rubbed the back of my neck with the palm of my right hand.
Moaning soon arose from where the crunch sound happened, fuck. I screwed up again big time, I quickly turned my ass away from camp and made a run for it. I heard four sets of crunching noises sound off, one after another as I dodged and weaved through the thick abundant of trees. Whatever was behind me was close on my tail, nothing was stopping it.

I wanted to get a better look at who or what was chasing me, but I didn't want to end up like one of those horribly directed horror movies where the victim trips over their shoe and dies because of it. No way in hell, I'm not going out like that.
Soon enough though, the sound in the leaves slowly difted back to my own two feet. I couldn't hear the other set of feet running after me anymore.
Did they give up?
I turned my head behind my shoulder to get a good look at what might have been chasing me to find nothing. Not a single other living, or dead, organism near me. Am I going crazy or something?
I shook my head hoping that it would shake out all the craziness of the day, shrugging my shoulders I continued my mission: Firewood.

Grabbing a few logs nearby I hoped it was enough to start something, we can send someone else later on to find more wood if we need it, but right now I feel vulnerable and alone sooo I'm just going to head back to camp with my 5 logs and hope to god the boys appriciate what I've done for them.

I hurriedly sprinted towards our camp, not because I was frightened or anything. It's just because I'm a bit tired from all that running earlier is all, also these logs are heavy and I just wanna set them down.
"That's all?" I heard Logan laugh on the other side of the island as I approached. He obviously was laughing at the amount of wood I had returned with.

Setting the wood down on the beach sand, I started to roll my pant legs back up so I can save the trouble of drying them later on. Picking the wood right back up I made my way through the waters current and shortly enough onto the island where the boys had already build us all a shelter.

"I did my best." I shrugged as I tossed the logs out of my hands next to the soon to be-fire pit to find a scary looking spider chilling on the wrist of my left arm. "AHH GET IT OFF!" I yelled as I swatted at my arms, praying that the spider wasn't still on me seeking revenge.

Laughing soon arose around me as the boys huddled around to mock me, "that's the tiniest spider I've ever seen Matt." Austin laughed out.

"Are you sure it was even a spider Matt? Looked tiny and innocent to me!" Logan added as they all continued to laugh at my fear of spiders.

"Ha, ha. Alright, you got your laugh, and firewood. I'm going to take a well deserved nap." I spoke out as I brushed myself off and started my way towards the shelter.

"Well deserved?" I heard Logan whisper as he tried to hold back a laugh.
I rolled my eyes as I approached the mediocre shelter that Blake was silently sleeping under.
He was taking up all the space so I decided to have a little fun, I ran over towards the water and cupped my hands together to collect a small amount of water. I then hurriedly ran back to dump it on his face, hopefully the small amount of water in my cupped hands will wake his stupid ass wake up!

I quickly released my hands and the water poured out, remaining droplets of water dripping off my finger tips and on top of Blake's face. His nose began to scrunch up as he slowly was relaizing what was happening. His hand jolted up towards his face and brushed off some of the water, his eyes slowly opened, meeting up with my laughing ones.
"Matt?" He questioned.

"Get up loser, it's my turn to nap."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

QOTC:
       Where would you go if a zombie apocalypse started up? 🤔

Thank you everyone who still reads my story! This book has come a long way and I'm glad y'all stuck with it for so long! With 20 chapters already posted I'll probably be closing up this book in about 3-5 chapters! But don't worry, I'm going to publish a part two to this story! So stay tuned ❤️

Published: June 2nd, 2019
Word count: 1333