I just wanna go home {11}

NOTE: Not Edited

BLAKE

"So Blake why'd you leave my house early yesterday?" Austin asked as he took a bite out of Logans apple.
Logans eyes darted daggers at him as he pulled his school lunch closer into his chest.

"Yeah, and wheres Matt?" Logan wondered out loud.
Wait, where is Matt? I looked around the cafeteria, first; the lunch line for seconds. I know Matt all to well, he's alway in line for seconds before they even call it.
When I didnt spot him there, I looked at each individual table, the popular cheerleader girls where my sister sat at, the math nerd table, the quiet shy table, the other sets of football team tables. I swear I looked around that cafeteria about four times with no sign of Matt.

"He showed up to school today, right?" I asked, now feeling stupid for looking around the cafe before asking.

Logan shook his head, "he even showed up early?"

Matt? Showing up early? That was not like him?
Out of the corner of my eye I notice someone dart into the cafe, running straight for the food line.
That had to be him, if not; well, someone likes food way more than Matt. But that would be insanely impossible.
I then noticed two grown men through the hallway doors pushing a handcuffed Aubree in front of them.

Without hesitation, my feet sprinted towards the hallway doors.
"Blake? Where ya' going!" Austin shouted out at me.
I choose to ignore him as I made my way up the cafeteria's stairs and into the hallway.
Arriving in front of the two men, I pushed my hand out into one guys chest; stopping them from continuing to move forward.

"Whats going on here?" My voice came out a tad bit to steern, startling even myself.

"Go away kid."  'Muscles' shouted as he shoved me aside.
Aubrees eyes seemed to glow with fear, her soul seemed broken, that bright smile that I adored was no longer worn upon her face.
My blood boiled, knowing that these men had something to do with Aubrees sad, sad looks.

I charged with anger at the two men, and honestly? I dont remember a single thing afterwards, my world went dark.

AUBREE

I could tell that Blake was charged up, he was ready to pounce with anger; and when he did? Boy did he go all out. I couldnt keep track of every kick and punch this kid took at these two heavy men.

The men sort of stood there, stunned, taking each and every punch; I even heard one of them chuckle as they pushed him aside.

"Nice try kid." The one on my left laughed.

"Better luck next time." The other howled.

I was pushed down the stairs in front of the school; cameras pointed directly at me as microphones were held up by my mouth.

Woman and men of all ages shouted questions at me, hoping I would answer them for their news-story.

"Aubree, is it true that you are crazy?"

"Can you tell us, what went wrong?"

"Will you confess that you are crazy?"

My body felt numb, my ears rang with guilt, my breathing stopped along with my heart as I suddenly felt chilled.

Each and every step we took, seemed to be dragging out time. Twenty questions came hitting me in the face each second and my mind was spinning crazily.
Stepping on the last step, two cops had opened the divers side back door of their cop car, allowing the two men to stuff me inside.