2.23: What kind of living arrangement that won't drive me insane?

Start from the beginning

Why didn't he give himself a chance to be happy, for once?

There were sooooo many routes Ryder could have taken. He could have long distance. He could have pretend for April and him to break up. He could stay and look for other ways. Other jobs. He could have gone back to his old ways of selling weed and fight his way for money.

Instead, he just went and crushed the heart of the person he loved the most.

Because he 'wanted to protect her'. His words, not mine.

Ryder Black is a certified fucking idiot, indeed.

-

-

-

2.23: What kind of living arrangement that won't drive me insane?

"I don't ever want to see any of your face again!" was the last words that I'd heard before Audra slammed that white-painted door in front of my face, and everybody else's faces.

It would have been dramatic, if only Audra's hadn't installed a door-stopper that would make slamming it impossible. As if the climax wasn't loud enough, Audra managed to crash some plates just before the door was fully closed.

"Oh, well," Quentin. "So that's it. I'm not gonna be laid for the rest of my life."

I could hear the other two guys groaned.

"Is that seriously what you're thinking right now? Getting your dick wet?" He said.

"Seems like you haven't upgraded your vocabulary," Alex sighed. "Pity, especially if you're really planning to have your own youtube channel."

"I told you, I never wanted to have any collab with any youtuber or even be in any video!" He was practically shaking with anger right now. "That manifestation of a banshee forced me!"

"And I just hit a girl," there was also tremor on Quentin's pronunciation, and he raised both of his hands before then started to make a really good impersonation of Popeye's face. "Oh my God my mom will kill me!"

With me included, there were three shaking people in front of Audra's apartment right now.

"I like that we're all low-key burning calories right now," I said, amused because even though I didn't know where to sleep today, I could be sharing this unorthodox moment with my closest people.

"Where are you going to sleep, April?" Alex finally brought me back from my reverie.

-

An hour later, the four of us were staring at an honestly scary looking apartment located on the K-town of the city. The old granny on the front lobby told us that Bella Yen was living on floor 3. Between her coughing fit and her incessant smoking, I really hoped that the old granny wouldn't die before we finished our business in Bella's place.

"That girl is bad-luck (cough) I tell you!" the old granny were in the middle of screaming/coughing/dying when Alex grabbed both of my shoulders from behind and pushed me to the stairs.

"Shit, I can benchpress double my weight, but this place gives me the creeps," my brother said as he hugged himself. We bypassed a middle-aged woman on our way up, and somehow she managed to tap at Quentin's butt while looking straight ahead. "I feel violated."

"I never knew that Bella's living in this kind of place," Alex said.

That Guy stayed quiet, although his expression betrayed his indifferent pretense. After all, I remembered that Bella was his childhood friend.