Chapter 44

***Jason's POV

"Phanpy, return," I say, as Phanpy is absorbed in the Red light of the Pokeball.

"Good job Phanpy, I'm proud of you."

"Hari, Hariyama." Hariyama says, out of breath.

"Thank you for being honest with me. Please, take a good rest," Drew says, returning Hariyama.

My heart is beating like crazy.

Here's my chance to finally put Drew in his place and I'm blowing it!

Drew slowly pulls out his next Pokeball.

"You're awfully calm for someone who's been waiting years for this moment," I say.

"Oh, I wasn't wait for this moment," Drew says, unleashing his next pokemon.

My eyes widen as the light took its shape and unleashed Garchomp.

"I'm waiting for the moment you beg for your life as your former Garchomp slowly rips you apart."

I should've known.

"Charizard, come on out!" I yell, tossing his pokeball. Charizard unleashes a Flamethrower in the air, as he shakes and stares down at Garchomp. Garchomp stares back.

They certainly seem to remember each other.

"Garchomp, use Dragon Breath."

Garchomp quickly obeys and unleashes a blue, greenish flame at Charizard.

"Charizard, dodge it and counter with Metal Claw!"

Charizard obeys and rushes towards Garchomp, his claws glowing Silver.

"Counter with Dragon Claw!"

Garchomp's claws glow green and collide with Charizard's, then they break out in intense close combat, with both Pokemon dodging, hitting, and missing.

"Hit Charizard with a Dragon Rush!"

Garchomp glows green and tackles Charizard, driving him against a boulder.

"Charizard, Flamethrower!"

Charizard shoots a Flamethrower at point-blank range. Garchomp winces, but doesn't back down, driving Charizard further into the boulder.

Charizard roars in pain, stopping his attack.

Ugh. What do I do?

I'm holding my fist so hard my whole arm is shaking. I stare my feet, trying to think but nothing seems to be the answer.

"Jason! Don't give up!"

I look up and I see Serena, shivering in the cold, but her eyes show her fiery passion and hope in all of us.

"Charizard, break free with a barrage of Mega Punches!"

Charizard roars as his fists glow white, and unleashes wave after wave of punches, forcing Garchomp to jump back in front of Drew, panting. Charizard jumps back in front of me, roaring.

I look up at Drew, and he has a big smirk on his face.

"What's so funny?" I ask.

"Look at Garchomp's ankle."

I gasp, as I spot Garchomp's Mega Stone in an anklet. Drew reveals his own stone in a bracelet.

"Garchomp, Mega Evolve!"

Garchomp roars, as he glows and transforms into Mega Garchomp.

Oh my Arceus.

I start at the stones in my hand.