Chapter 19

***Serena's POV

My eyes slowly open, and I see Jason's face right next to mine, inches away for our lips to touch. His eyes are shut, and his face seems calm and relaxed.

I quickly realize my arms are still wrapped around him. I spot May on the other side, doing the same thing. I quickly let go and I feel my face get warm.

"Ahem."

I look up, and Sarah is standing before us, holding her head.

"Jason, you're so stubborn, you know that? What you did was unforgivable. But, I forgive you, even if it doesn't always seem like it." She knees down in front of Jason and May. May slowly wakes up, and sees Sarah in front of them. May blushes and lunges out of the way. Sarah moves forward and kisses Jason.

I gasp.

"I'll follow you to the end of the world," she says, as she slowly stands up. She walks over to Umberon and picks him up. She walks towards the door, and turns back.

"I'll be back," she says and she walks out the door.

What was that about?

"Why did she do that? It was unnecessary!" I say as I frown.

May smirks.

"Why are you upset over it? Jason isn't your boyfriend."

I pause.

She's right.

"No, you're right," I say, laughing weakly.

"Why are we laughing?" Jason mumbles as he rubs his eyes.

"Nothing!" I yelp.

May smirks at me.

"Where's Umberon?" Jason asks, as he gently pries Pichu off his leg, and returns him to his Pokeball.

"Sarah took him. She said she would be back," May says, standing up and stretching.

Jason sighs, and slowly stands.

"Uh, about last night, I'm sorry." Jason says, his face growing a shade of red.

"Don't worry about it Jason, really!" May says.

"Yeah! It's good to just let everything out!" I say.

"Thanks. Let's go get some breakfast, on me," Jason says, as he grabs his stuff and walks out.

"So tell me Serena, do you have a crush on Jason?" May asks as soon as Jason closes the door behind him.

I stay silent, because I don't have an answer.
....

***Dawn's POV

I slowly open my eyes.

As I slowly begin to regain my senses, I'm hit with a wave of freezing air. As my teeth begin to chatter, I begin to look around.

The room is filled with metal tables, covered with strange bottles and mechanisms. It reminds me of Professor Rowan's lab.

I try to move, but each of my limb is met with a metal brace pinning them to the wall.

"Where am I?" I wonder out loud.

"Somewhere in a cave in Kanto."

"Who said that?"

"Don't you remember me Dawn?"

A figure appears. It comes closer and closer, until I can make out his messy black hair.

"Ash! Thank Arceus for a familiar face! Please help me!"

"Hello to you too Dawn," Ash says, smiling at me.

"But I can't help you right now, I'm sorry."

He's carrying a bunch of bottles with a purple liquid in each of them.

"What? Why?"

I feel a pit in my stomach.

"If I move towards you, the person who is holding you captive will inject this liquid, called Pengen into you and your Pokemon. It's proved to cause Pokemon to become a lot stronger, but become very brute-like and aggressive. They become aggressive, mutated monsters. It hasn't been tested on humans, and I don't want to find out as by using you as a test subject," Ash explains, putting the bottles gently on a table.

Pengen? Monsters? This is not good at all. I need to figure out a way out of here, and get Piplup. Piplup! Where is she?

"Can you at least tell me where Piplup is?" I ask, trying to break out of the braces.

"Don't worry about it," a voice says.

Two other figure appear behind Ash. One is wearing a blue mask while the other is wearing a black one.

"Here's your Pengen Maximum," Ash says, pointing at the table. "Can you let Dawn go now?"

"No. Remember the deal. I want every single bottle from every gym leader. Where did these come from?" The blue mask asks, walking over to the table. The man in the black mask stares at me.

I gulp.

"Celadon City. Erika put up a good fight, but she isn't going to be making perfume anymore," Ash says, looking at the ground.

Oh no

"Don't worry Ash. I'm a man of my word," Maximum says, patting Ash's shoulder.

Ash ignores the gesture.

The man in the black mask moves up and grabs my face. I wince and whimper at his hard touch.

"You are something else. I don't know why, but I can't help but get a vibe from you. I'm not sure if it's good or bad," he says.

"Maximum, hand me a prepared injection of Pengen," he says. Maximum quickly moves.

Ash gasps.

"You said you would leave her alone!" He yells.

"You made that deal with Maximum, not me," the black masked man explains. Maximum returns and hands him a big shot, containing a huge needle ready to be inserted into me. My heart begins to race.

"Leave me alone!" I yell, as I try to break free from the braces. But it's all in vain.

"No! Stop!"

Ash lunges towards the black masked man, but Maximum tackles him to the ground.

The needle slowly makes its way to my skin. I try to move it as far away as I can, but it keeps getting closer and closer.

"I love to savor moments like this," he says.

I watch as it's only an inch away. Tears fall from my face, and I look away with my eyes shut, waiting for Arceus knows what to happen next.

"Stop!"

I open my eyes, and I see a brown haired boy in a lab coat standing near the entrance of the room.

"Don't use her as your lab rat. Use me. I made it. I guaranteed you it works. So let me be the victim of my own creation," he says, stepping towards us.

"Gary! What do you think you're doing?" Ash yells, as Maximum pins him to the ground.

"Trying to save at least one life from this doomsday weapon," Gary answers, as he rolls up his sleeve.

The man in the black mask stands there for a second, then turns around.

"I can't help but appreciate this situation you created for me. I thank you for another job well done Gary," he says, as he gets the needle and shoves it into Gary, a good inch of it piercing and invading Gary's body.

Gary grunts as the liquid sneaks into his bloodstream.

I scream.

Ash continues to fight Maximum, trying to reach Gary

"But unlike her, you have it nice and quick, getting me the results I need," the black mask man says, as he lets go of the needle, and Gary falls onto the floor, shaking.

"Now, we wait."