Chapter 36

***Serena's POV

We eventually walk back into the lobby to let Nidoqueen get some rest.

Jason stumbles to Nurse Joy's desk.

I hear them have a heated discussion, until Jason slams his hands on the desk. Nurse Joy then walks off into the back.

"Jason? Are you ok?" I ask, as I walk up to him. He covers his face with his hands, and begins to shake. He takes a deep breath, and uncovers his face.

"Yes, I'll be fine," he says with weak smile.

He's definitely lying, but I don't want to push him over the edge.

"Let's go sit down. I think I might have some Pokepuffs somewhere. They might not be the freshest batch, but they're still good," I say, as I help Jason over to a table. Jason nods.

"I'll like that alot."

We sit down, and I reach in my bag looking for the case holding the Pokepuffs. Jason runs his hand through his hair as I pull them out and open the container. Jason grabs two and hands them to Umberon and Pichu, who quickly take them and eat away. They squeal in approval.

"I'm glad you like them!" I say, as I hand one to Braixen. I glance over and I see Jason staring off into space.

"Jason? You ok?" I ask. Jason's eyes look at me. They're so full with emotion.

"To be honest, no. I'm not ok."

"Well, if you want to talk about it, you can. I'm a good listener," I say, smiling. Jason weakly smiles.

"I rather not. But we can do whatever you want though."

I can't help but grin.

"Let's play twenty questions!" I say. Jason sighs, and nods his head gently.

"More like you ask me whatever you want, and I'll answer," He says. I can't help but slightly blush.

"Go ahead. Ask away."

"Why did you call Nurse Joy Mama Joy?"

Jason's face slightly changes, and sighs.

"You see, when I was first traveling through Kanto, I was with Sarah and Drew. There were times where I felt like they were slowing me down so I would rush ahead sometimes, just to take a look around. Well, that led to me falling into a hole, where a bunch of Ekans were. Charmander, Nidoran, and I tried our best to fight them off but we all ended up really hurt. Sarah eventually found me and took me here. It would take a couple weeks for me to recover, so I told them to move on and I'll catch up. They listened, and left, while I spent time here bonding with Nurse Joy. She quickly became my second mother, and best friend. She was the one who introduced me to jazz, and got interested in learning the saxophone. So once I got better and left, I always made sure that whenever I visited Kanto, to stop by here," Jason explains, slightly blushing.

He's so cute when he blushes.

"I was really angry at the fact Mama Joy locked up Nidoking in chains. It's so inhumane, and I just demanded to know why. She told me the truth: how can she risk Pokemon's lives with a pokemon infected with Pengen? I just became irrational and let my emotions get the best of me."

Jason chuckles.

"So much for not wanting to talk about it."

Oh Jason.

"It's my turn to ask a question right?"

"Yes it is."

Jason brings his fingers to his chin to think, when trumpets start play subtle low notes, and drumset and bass join in. Jason chuckles and shakes his head, as he stands up and offers his hand to me.